Venice Local Custom Tips by steventilly
Venice Local Customs: 319 reviews and 540 photos
Again, something close to our hearts. Public Toilets. Last I was in Venice, 'toilet' was a dirty word. We did our best to not need to go. They were terrible. Now it's all so different. They're so clean, meticulously so - it almost puts our home to shame. It costs 0.5 euro to go, but it's money well spent. And we never encountered a single 'hole in the ground'. And if you need it - you can buy a season ticket, so then you can go as often as you want! :-)
OK, not so much a 'cultural tip', but something very close to all of our hearts. Internet Cafe's. The best that I found in Venice is the VeNice (Ve Nice, get it) internet cafe. It's on Rio Terra Lista Di Spagna, next door to the Hotel Principe (and not far from the railway station). Internet acccess is reasonably priced, and you pay for what you have used - you don't have to block-buy 1/2 hour sessions or whatever (but beware you're not there all day and end up blowing your budget).
Another service they provide is the transfer of your digital pics onto CD. So if you're filling up your memory cards, or simply want a backup, you can do it here. It's only 5 euros to do the transfer (of as many pics as you want). If you can't connect your camera directly to the PC (USB cable has wrong connection, etc) then they will hire you a multi-format card reader for about 4 Euro. Also, they'll sell you blank CD's for 1.5 Euro. It's a great (and quite cheap) service.
More Reviews (91)
- See All Harry's Bar
- See All Aqua Alte - bring wellies or...
- See All Peggy Guggenheim Collection.
- See All See the Rialto Bridge...
- See All On Lido you can get around by...
steventilly's Related Pages
Venice Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wandering around Venice with Suvanki"
- "Amore eterno per Venezia la Serenissima :-)"
- "Venice – the City of Art"
- "Vacations in Venice"
- "MERAVIGLIOSA VENEZIA"
- "Giacomo CASANOVA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Venice
- Hotels in Venice
- Transportation in Venice
- Nightlife in Venice
- Restaurants in Venice
- Shopping in Venice
- Warnings and Dangers in Venice
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Venice
- 93 Reviews
- 139 Photos
- 10 Forum posts
- 190 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Venice?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Venice
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cyprus Intro, 54 reviews, 231 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santorini Island Intro, 58 reviews, 219 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prefecture of the Cyclades Intro, 49 reviews, 203 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minorca Island Intro, 47 reviews, 188 photos, 1 travelogue
- Venice Intro, 93 reviews, 139 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kos Intro, 91 reviews, 113 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gozo Intro, 62 reviews, 132 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Tenerife Intro, 78 reviews, 115 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scarborough Intro, 76 reviews, 79 photos
- United Kingdom Intro, 33 reviews, 119 photos, 3 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (28)
- Doge's Palace- 204 Reviews, 398 Photos
- Campanile di San Marco- 150 Reviews, 274 Photos
- Churches- 362 Reviews, 782 Photos
- Basilica di San Marco- 220 Reviews, 394 Photos
- Piazza San Marco- 303 Reviews, 494 Photos
- Gondola- 163 Reviews, 271 Photos
- Rialto Bridge- 169 Reviews, 285 Photos
- Canal Grande- 213 Reviews, 351 Photos
- Ponte dei Sospiri- 130 Reviews, 186 Photos
- Castello area- 59 Reviews, 166 Photos
See All Venice Things to Do