"Kent" Kent by steventilly

Kent Travel Guide: 1,738 reviews and 4,086 photos

The Garden Of England

Kent is a county that runs from the coast around Dover to the very edge of Greater London. Away from this built up area around the capital there is much history and beauty to be seen in Kent, a county that is known as The Garden Of England. There are castles galore, beautiful villages and mile after mile of rolling coutryside. A great place for a week's holiday.

• Pros:Beautiful villages, historic castles
  • Cons:Takes ages to get to from The North
  • In a nutshell:Great place for a holiday
  • Last visit to Kent: Sep 1994
  • Intro Updated Mar 20, 2004

• adelaidean's Profile Photo
    Nov 19, 2006 at 10:14 PM

Some lovely photos here of kent....It has fond memories for me...I love Canterbury, but my husband comes from sittingbourne!

• travellingdave's Profile Photo
    Mar 27, 2006 at 4:02 AM

Hey, good one! Great pics of interesting castles and villages. I must take another look at the county I live in..Kent!

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Jan 10, 2005 at 7:34 PM

Interesting and useful tips.

• prleprle's Profile Photo
    Sep 30, 2004 at 6:39 AM

Yes, that deer looks very dangerous! Did you see his sharp teeth?! Kent really looks like a ideal place for holiday.

• kentishgirl's Profile Photo
    Mar 16, 2004 at 2:38 AM

wow, very impressive Kent pages-well done! you have done my home county proud!! How did you get that pic of Westgate with no traffic jams!?!

• Aug 29, 2003 at 10:57 AM

I was searching for a Herne Bay page, Kent but didn't found one but it leads me to this great Kent page..I have a friend living in there..Thanks for sharing!

• londonlover's Profile Photo
    Aug 3, 2003 at 8:30 PM

I agree about Chalybeate springs--the iron taste must be acquired! :) Lovely pictures of Leeds Castle, and now I want to see Hever.

• banshee11's Profile Photo
    Apr 21, 2003 at 10:22 AM

well done, great page. wonderful pics and good info.

• whitecliff62's Profile Photo
    Apr 3, 2003 at 6:42 AM

I lost my wing mirror at the westgate last week hahahaha, shame on you Steven for missing my home town Folkestone.

• balfor's Profile Photo
    Nov 18, 2002 at 3:02 PM

Very nice page! Very informative AND wonderful photos!

steventilly

“... Dreaming Of Islands ...”

Badges & Stats in Kent