Panajachel Favorite Tips by Ken_Weaver Top 5 Page for this destination
Panajachel Favorites: 7 reviews and 7 photos
Tropical Birds Everywhere
Favorite thing: This area is located in a tropical, humid climatic zone. Rainfall takes place mainly between May and September., with June and August being the rainiest monthes with amount of 200mm. During the driest months the rainfall levels decrease to 10 mm/month.
The average temperature in the winter is 11C and 14C in the summer. At night you mayl also see brilliant lightning storms in the mountains surround the lake.
Lake with wind coming up
Favorite thing: Don/t trust the water especially if you go swimming in Lago de Atitlan. Occasionally, mainly in the afternoons, there is a wind called the "Xocomil" that blows in from the southeast making whirlpools and waves up to 2 metres which are greatly feared by the fisherman
More Reviews (14)
- See All German Art Shop
- See All Bogus Entrance Fee
- Take a boat trip to the other lakeside...
Ken_Weaver's Related Pages
Panajachel Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Panajachel . . . Where it's okay to be a gringo"
- "On the shores of Lake Atitlàn"
- "Tourist Central on Lake Atitlan"
- "Panajachel on Lago de Atitlan"
- "Panajachel, Guatemala"
- "8th Wonder of the World"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Panajachel
- Hotels in Panajachel
- Transportation in Panajachel
- Nightlife in Panajachel
- Restaurants in Panajachel
- Shopping in Panajachel
- Warnings and Dangers in Panajachel
- See All...
Explore the World
- Het Twiske Hotels
- Kenilworth Hotels
- Jacksonville Hotels
- Aberdare National Park Hotels
- Agia Marina
Badges & Stats in Panajachel
- 16 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 23 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Panajachel?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Panajachel
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination El Salvador Intro, 19 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Juan Cotzal Intro, 17 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Guatemala Intro, 14 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taos Pueblo Intro, 21 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada Intro, 12 reviews, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- San Diego Intro, 18 reviews, 21 photos
- Hawaii (State of) Intro, 14 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Parque Nacional Tikal Intro, 15 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Panajachel Intro, 16 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chichicastenango Intro, 18 reviews, 18 photos
No friends yet.