"Some things about me and my travels" eMeReS's Profile

Travel experience

Can't say I am a globetrotter by nature, but the range of my travels has increased in the past few years and I would like to explore more of the world. Until 2005 I had never been beyond the borders of Europe, and then I went to the other side of the world to visit my best friend who had moved to New Zealand. In January 2007 I returned for a second visit, October 2008 for a third, October 2009 for a fourth, and hopefully that wasn't the last.
New Zealand has definitely stolen my heart, I have so many fond memories of my visits so far. Read more about them in my travel pages.

Some background for my tips

I'm a modest person and don't care much for luxury (except for the occasional treat). I let my own sense of comfort be my guide, and I am not by definition always looking for the best deals or ways to cram a maximum of experience in a minimum of time. I prefer natural landscapes over cityscapes and small things can make me very happy.
I think these things will be reflected in the tips I will add to my pages. I will be sharing the experiences that I enjoyed most and try to add some information that will be of interest for others as well. I'm not looking to make an exhaustive travel guide for every place that I have visited.

Pictures

I'm still in the process of selecting pictures to upload here. Most will be of New Zealand, there are many to choose from.
The 2005 pictures are taken with a Canon Powershot A20, by 2007 I had upgraded to a Powershot A95, and the pictures from 2008 onwards are taken with an EOS 400D.
Later on I might also scan some older pictures to add to my earlier travels.

Comments, questions, experiences to share

Feel free to contact me, or leave a comment on my pages. I'm still pretty new here and am slowly discovering the world of Virtual Tourist.
It would be nice to hear from you, and explore your pages as well.

• Intro Updated Nov 12, 2009

• TrendsetterME's Profile Photo
    May 14, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Hey Marleen, "Happy Birthday", with all my best wishes ... :)

• Gillybob's Profile Photo
    Aug 20, 2007 at 6:00 AM

Belated welcome to VT. Congrats on the ratings thus far and here's to many more tips! Gillybob greetings.

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!