"Cymru am byth" Wales by Elena77
Wales Travel Guide: 4,961 reviews and 15,847 photos
Wales- more castles per square mile than probably any other nation in the world.
Strategically placed, eerily magnificent and the corner-stones of Britain's ancient history. Castles were built in the days when might was right and a fortress was the last defence against plundering invaders or jealous neighbours. Many lofty hills throughout the Welsh landscape are crowned with broken stone castles from a bygone age. Some are mere fragments of rubble walls, others still dominate their surroundings in a defiant gesture. But each castle is fascinating and unique and, in its own way, spectacular.
Wales- area of outstanding natural beauty.
In Wales you will find highly diversed landscapes at a relatively small area: green hills and valleys, clear lakes, mountain ranges, dreamlike beaches, rough cliffs, raging sea, ...
Once you've entered Wales you will be unable to balk at the fascination emanating from this small Celtic country.
Wales- abbeys and churches and light houses and...
- Pros:All the castles, lovely people, rich history, great landscapes...
- Cons:British food and British roads ;-)
- In a nutshell:Mae Cymru yn wych! Wales is wonderful!
When you are planning to visit more than just one or two castles/ medieval houses in Wales it's best to buy a CADW... more travel advice
Elena77's Related Pages
Wales Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wonderful Wales"
- "A Week in North Wales"
- "A beautifull country"
- "Croeso Cymru"
- "A few nights in Wales"
- "Gwlad, Gwlad!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Wales
- Hotels in Wales
- Transportation in Wales
- Nightlife in Wales
- Restaurants in Wales
- Shopping in Wales
- Warnings and Dangers in Wales
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Wales
- 21 Reviews
- 127 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Wales?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wales
Top 10 Pages
- Västra Götalands län Intro, 19 reviews, 79 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Koblenz Intro, 23 reviews, 51 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 10 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gwynedd Intro, 8 reviews, 37 photos
- Wales Intro, 2 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Mona Intro, 8 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bamberg Intro, 6 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Clwyd Intro, 5 reviews, 27 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dinkelsbühl Intro, 7 reviews, 23 photos
- Trier Intro, 4 reviews, 22 photos