Koblenz Nightlife Tips by Elena77 Top 5 Page for this destination
Koblenz Nightlife: 5 reviews and 7 photos
Inside Piper's Corner
This is a lovely Irish Pub pretty much in the centre of Koblenz, close to the main station. The place is affectionately decorated, has got a very relaxed atmosphere and friendly staff. They play mainly Irish folk stuff and classic Rock like, for example, Genesis, Rolling Stones or U2. The music is not too loud and you can still talk to each other without having to scream. ; ) It's a great place to meet friends and have a few Guinness, Kilkenny or Stowford Cider together. Piper's Corner is also famous for its' wide range of Whiskeys. Occasionally they offer special Whiskey tastings. It's also possible to book a Whiskey tasting for a group, a birthday party, etc.
The pub's name points out another special feature: one of the owners, David, is a vigorous bagpipes player. Back in 1987 he even was bagpipes world champion! And now he organizes bagpipes courses for amateurs and advanced players. Instruments, gear and clothes can be ordered at the pub's internet shop. You can also book a single piper or a band for parties or festivals.
Bundesliga and Premier League soccer is shown on several screens on weekends.
Pub food is served between 5:30 pm and 11 pm.
In Summer you can enjoy your Guinness sitting outside at a small beergarden.
Please note that smoking is allowed inside the pub.
Dress Code: No dress code - it's an Irish Pub!
Address: Markenbildchenweg 10, 56068 Koblenz
Directions: Town centre, a few hundred metres from the main station
Other Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: +49 176/ 78014250
Theme: Eating and Drinking
Happy Customers : )
This pub is pretty much „off the beaten path“. It’s small and located at a side road and that’s why it easily escapes people’s notice. The pub’s name derives from the famous „Große Freiheit“ (=“Great Freedom”; a cross street on the North side to Hamburg's Reeperbahn road in the St. Pauli quarter). But it’s worth searching for this quiet tip as Kleine Freiheit serves probably the best (and reasonably priced) cocktails you’ll find in Koblenz. The barkeeper, Johannes, always comes up with new creations and also knows all the old classics. Sometimes we just tell him: “I’d like to have something fruity with alcohol” or “I feel like having a green (or blue... or red) cocktail tonight”! ; ) His creations have never disappointed us! But, of course, you can also just have a beer or two. Kleine Freiheit is a very nice, relaxed pub with lots of different kinds of people visiting. The music varies and depends on the guests: sometimes it’s more Rock music and then there are evenings when Blues is predominant. On Thursdays it’s vinyl night and people can bring their own records (that’s strange in my opinion as I don’t go out to listen to my own records/ music). There’s a small adjoining room with table football.
“Kleine Freiheit” is a mandatory stop of each proper Koblenz pub crawl! ; )
Dress Code: No dress code!
Address: Altenhof 6, 56068 Koblenz
Directions: At the old town, close to the old mint (Münzplatz)
Phone: +49 261 2061405
More Reviews (21)
Elena77's Related Pages
Koblenz Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Where Rhine and Moselle meet – and also VTers!"
- "Castellum apud confluentes"
- "Koblenz, like my 2nd home"
- "Opera in Koblenz"
- "Where two great rivers meet - Koblenz"
- "koblenz germany"
- "Koblenz, Coblenz, Confluentia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Koblenz
- Hotels in Koblenz
- Transportation in Koblenz
- Nightlife in Koblenz
- Restaurants in Koblenz
- Shopping in Koblenz
- Warnings and Dangers in Koblenz
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Koblenz
- 23 Reviews
- 51 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Koblenz?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Koblenz
Top 10 Pages
- Västra Götalands län Intro, 19 reviews, 79 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Koblenz Intro, 23 reviews, 51 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 10 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gwynedd Intro, 8 reviews, 37 photos
- Wales Intro, 2 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Mona Intro, 8 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bamberg Intro, 6 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Clwyd Intro, 5 reviews, 27 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dinkelsbühl Intro, 7 reviews, 23 photos
- Trier Intro, 4 reviews, 22 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (11)
- Altstadt - Old Town- 38 Reviews, 61 Photos
- Deutsches Eck- 44 Reviews, 66 Photos
- Fort Ehrenbreitstein- 21 Reviews, 53 Photos
- Castles around Koblenz- 6 Reviews, 10 Photos
- Basilica St. Kastor- 14 Reviews, 31 Photos
- Historic Buildings- 12 Reviews, 27 Photos
- Liebfrauenkirche- 12 Reviews, 25 Photos
- Rhine and Moselle Promenade- 8 Reviews, 8 Photos
- The Loreley- 5 Reviews, 5 Photos
- Jesuitenplatz - Square- 9 Reviews, 17 Photos
See All Koblenz Things to Do