"Pittsburgh: The Place I Call my Home" Pittsburgh by iamjacksgoat

Pittsburgh Travel Guide: 762 reviews and 1,858 photos

What can I say...?

I love Pittsburgh! This city gives a new meaning to unique. I mean, we have our own LANGUAGE. I've been recognized as a Pittsburgher as far off as London. I may be biased, since Pittsburgh is my hometown... but this city has more to offer than a person would think.

Pittsburgh is my current hometown, though I do not live in the city. And I will be staying here for college! This shows the kind of attachment Pittsburghers have with their city. Don't mess.

Feel Free to Look Around! And Please, Leave Comments and Ratings!

Favorites, by Alyssa

A work in progress, but coming along! These are my favorite parts of the 'Burgh!

The Hofbrauhaus: Pittsburgh - An amazing dining experience on the South Side! Love beer and German food? This is the place to go.

Tusca - One of Pittsburgh's best restaurants! Share some food with your friends!

Updates from the Steel City

What's going on in the 'Burgh March 2010?

Pittsburgh: Yinz Play (ongoing) - Click here!
This is incredibly cute. The Children's Museum of Pittsburgh has this new exhibit called "Pittsburgh: Yinz Play." Children can do a bunch of Pittsburgh related things, such as learn Pittsburghese, build bridges (or sandwiches), and design a fireworks display!

3rd Annual Southside Leprechaun Lap (March 6th 2pm - 10pm) - Click here!
A bar tour on the South South! Make sure you buy tickets in advance.

SAINT PATRICK'S DAY PARADE! (March 13th 10am - 2pm) - Click here!
Apparently it is the 2nd largest St. Patrick's Day Parade in the world. Go.

Reclaim and Revitalize South Side Park-Part 2 (March 27th, 10am-4pm) - Click here!
If you live in Pittsburgh or on the South Side, you may want to take part. This day is about removing trash and invasive species from the South Side neighborhood. Contact info is on the website.

• Pros:All the benefits of a large city, without the disadvantages.
  • Cons:Almost impossible to navigate the roads.
  • In a nutshell:A World of it's Own
  • Intro Updated Feb 27, 2010

• 850prc's Profile Photo
    Jan 30, 2010 at 9:29 AM

Great peek at Steel City, IAJG. Haven't spent a lot of time there. BTW, we have a Pittsburgh-themed restaurant in my hometown. That Hofbrauhaus looks like a good choice. Here's hoping the Pirates are better this year. :)

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo
    Sep 7, 2008 at 1:31 PM

nice page you put up here. i really like pittsburgh myself.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Aug 23, 2008 at 11:52 AM

Nice start on your new Pittsburg page. I see you have also been to Bern and are planning to do a VT page about it. I'll be interested in reading your tips because I once studied there (2 semesters, a long time ago) and recently went back for a re-visit.

iamjacksgoat Lives Here!

iamjacksgoat

“A trip is worth a thousand pictures.”

Badges & Stats in Pittsburgh

Have you been to Pittsburgh?

Videos in Pittsburgh