"Giverny: Monet's Inspiration" Giverny by iamjacksgoat

Giverny Travel Guide: 148 reviews and 530 photos

Giverny in a Nutshell

Giverny is a small commune in northern France. A beautiful, quant area, Giverny is known best for housing Monet's home and garden. The famous impressionist artist gathered much of his inspiration from this place, noting its natural beauty. I spent a couple hours in Giverny while driving from Paris to Normandie. It was a wonderful place to stop and relax.

What to See and Do describes my favorite parts of Giverny.
It also includes a link to the tip(s) that pertain to the subject.

My Experience is a reflection on my experience in Giverny. It contains the good and bad aspects of Monet's chosen home.

Feel Free to Look Around! And Please, Leave Comments and Ratings!

Favorites, by Alyssa

There isn't much for the tourist to do in Giverny, so my favorites section consists of all that I did.

My Experience?

Giverny is a wonderful place to visit, and I highly recommend it. It is not the kind of place that you would spend a few days at. One day max will let you see everything it has to offer. This way, it is a great place to stop at while on a road trip seeing France. Beware the high prices set for tourists, especially with food and gift shops.

• Pros:Beautiful garden and pond, nature at its finest
  • Cons:Expensive gift shop, no pictures allowed in some places
  • In a nutshell:No wonder Monet was inspired by this place!
  • Last visit to Giverny: Jun 2008
  • Intro Updated Jun 17, 2009

• 850prc's Profile Photo
    Jan 30, 2010 at 9:39 AM

Lovely photos, very peaceful. WE have a backyard watergarden - I'd like to think it has a little bit of Monet's pond in how it looks on a summer afternoon. :)

iamjacksgoat

“A trip is worth a thousand pictures.”

Badges & Stats in Giverny

Have you been to Giverny?

Latest Activity in Giverny