"An Afternoon in Chinju (Jinju)" Chinju by FridgeMagnet

Chinju Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 18 photos

I was in Busan for 3 days and I decided to take an afternoon trip to Chinju. I wanted to see a more provincial town and visit it's historic Jinjuseong fortress. Chinju has a population of about 342,00 and is the largest city in the area. It has a very well established silk industry and is also known as an educational city because of the presence of Gyeongsang National University and Chinju National University of Education.
The fortress is the highlight but I enjoyed strolling around the town also. It has a picturesque setting and is cut in half by the Nam river. I made sure to walk across the bridge. I love to traverse bridges! (By the way, Chinju is mostly spelled "Jinju" on signs in Korea and in the guide books I have read. I have called it Chinju here though because that is how it is spelled on the VT site. I did see one sign in a Korean bus station with the Chinju spelling)

• Last visit to Chinju: Mar 2010
  • Intro Updated May 5, 2010

FridgeMagnet

“No one realizes how beautiful it is to travel until he comes home and rests his head on his old, familiar pillow.”

Badges & Stats in Chinju