" The road to a friend's house is never long " FridgeMagnet's Profile
What to say here? I have seen various pages by other VTer's. A lot of them tend to tell people many details about their life's. Not really an example I would follow because I am a very private person. I will just stick to talking about travel. I always liked travel of course and I had some nice holidays in Britain and Europe when I was still in my 20's. But I would say that travel only started to become my major passion when I visited New York in 1999. Visiting there was something I had always dreamed about and I was on a complete high for my whole 7 day trip. I definitely wanted more of that feeling. I went back to the US again the following year. This time visiting Los Angeles, Las Vegas and The Grand Canyon. Not as exciting as New York but still a great trip. I decided to spread my wings a bit further. I had never been to a non Western country. I went to Turkey. I developed an ambition to travel to all 5 inhabited continents. I went to Thailand, Australia, Brazil. South Africa. The more I traveled the more my hunger for new sights and sounds increased. I got a job which allowed me to travel 4 times a year. Something I have been doing now for the last 5 or 6 years. I've started to feel like an experienced traveler. My enthusiasm has not diminished one bit. Hopefully my employment situation will remain the same and I can continue my adventures for many more years.
You're gonna take that ocean trip, no matter come what may
You've got your reservations made , but you just can't get away
Next year for sure you'll see the world, you'll really get around
But how far can you travel when you're six feet underground
ENJOY YOURSELF, IT'S LATER THAN YOU THINK!
Plans for 2013
Morocco in March.
Latvia, Lithiuania, Estonia in June
Romania in September.
Burma/Myanmar in November.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
“No one realizes how beautiful it is to travel until he comes home and rests his head on his old, familiar pillow.”
- Member Rank:
- 0 2 2 1 8
- Forum Rank:
- 0 4 1 8 7
- Real Name
- Waterford, Ireland
- Member Since
- Jul 10, 2007
- 50 Reviews
- 118 Photos
- Add Friend
- Send Message
Badges & Stats
- 50 Reviews
- 118 Photos
- 10 Countries
- 16 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
- FridgeMagnet and VenesaT are now friends.
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Passport picture"
- Commented on one of Rixie's Milan travel pages
updated their Profile Page " The road to a friend's house is never long "
- created a Rome Travel Page "Rome 2005"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Rome 2005"
- Uploaded a Video to World
- Wrote a Review Hwaseong Fortress in Suwon Things to Do
Top 10 Pages
- Chinju Intro, 12 reviews, 17 photos
- Berlin Intro, 13 reviews, 12 photos
- Edinburgh Intro, 7 reviews, 14 photos
- Suwon Intro, 2 reviews, 11 photos
- Seoul Intro, 2 reviews, 8 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Busan Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- South Korea Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Sydney Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Moscow 2 reviews, 2 photos