"Internationally-famous university town" Top 5 Page for this destination Göttingen by SSlatter
Göttingen Travel Guide: 48 reviews and 187 photos
Goettingen is perhaps the most famous university town in Germany, with a healthy and hefty population of students. Centred around a vibrant Innenstadt (town centre), the town boasts a varied population of restaurants, and the café culture is everywhere in evidence, with outdoor tables seemingly everywhere. It also has its fair share of open spaces and parks, with Cheltenham Park and Schillerwiese amongst them.
Plesse Castle, or Plesse Burg, as it is known in german, dates back to the 11th century, when the castle belonged to the... more travel advice
Cron und Lanz is a veritable local institution in Göttingen, a long-established business beloved by locals and visitors... more travel advice
SSlatter's Related Pages
Göttingen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Germany At its Best"
- "Goettingen - University town"
- "bmiller39's new Gottingen Page"
- "Goettingen - old University city"
- "Internationally-famous university town"
- "An hour or two in Goettingen"
- "G?TTINGEN OLD WELL KNOWN CITY"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Göttingen
- Hotels in Göttingen
- Transportation in Göttingen
- Nightlife in Göttingen
- Restaurants in Göttingen
- Shopping in Göttingen
- Warnings and Dangers in Göttingen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Göttingen
- 6 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Göttingen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Göttingen
- Marseille Intro, 22 reviews
- Top 5 Page for this destination Schwerin Intro, 14 reviews
- Top 5 Page for this destination Göttingen Intro, 6 reviews
No friends yet.