"Aigues-Mortes, a medeveal harbour" Top 5 Page for this destination Aigues-Mortes by micrologus
Aigues-Mortes Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 124 photos
Aigues-Mortes was founded in 1240 by the French king known as Saint Louis. It was the first harbour of the French kingdom on the Mediteranean Sea. It was build for traiding with Italy and the near East and for leaving to the Crusades.
La terrasse de la tour de Constance, haute de 30 m, et les remparts offrent l'une des vues les plus belles du Languedoc: tables salantes et camelles de sel de salins, campagne camarguais, flore riche et variée des marais ...
One of the 20 towers on the walls, the biggest one. Was used as a prison during the XVII th century.
- Pros:Very beautifull
- Cons:Very touristic
Also build in the 13th century. more travel advice
micrologus' Related Pages
Aigues-Mortes Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A great well preserved medieval city"
- "Aigues-Mortes, a medeveal harbour"
- "Aigues Mortes in the Camargue"
- "Aigues-Mortes - Salt Town"
- "The walled city in the Camargue"
- "The City in the Dead Waters"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Aigues-Mortes
- Hotels in Aigues-Mortes
- Transportation in Aigues-Mortes
- Restaurants in Aigues-Mortes
- Shopping in Aigues-Mortes
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Aigues-Mortes
- 6 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Aigues-Mortes?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Aigues-Mortes
Photos in Aigues-MortesSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Arles Intro, 7 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ieper Intro, 5 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aigues-Mortes Intro, 6 reviews, 17 photos
- Brignoles Intro, 3 reviews, 14 photos
- Avignon Intro, 2 reviews, 10 photos
- Paris Intro, 3 photos
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 3 photos
- Sion Intro, 3 photos
- Grand Teton National Park Intro, 3 photos
- Orange 1 review, 2 photos