"LAKE BOGORIA" Lake Bogoria by flyrubi
Lake Bogoria Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 23 photos
This is a shallow soda lake north of Lake Nakuru. The soda waters of the lake attract massive flocks of flamingo and other birdlife.
The lake is still volcanically active and due to this the western part is lined with geysers and hot springs.
The shores are also lined with wildlife like baboons, gazelles, zebras and it is also the best place to see the greater kudu.
It has been raining heavily of late so when we were there we did not see the geysers as the water level had risen and covered them but managed to find a place where very hot water was coming from the underground.
- Pros:Best place to see the flamingoes
- Cons:Hard to see the other wild animals as they have been driven away by the locals who live within the park and graze their cattle and sheep there
Lake Bogoria Hotel is an oasis in the middle of the savannah and against the backdrop of the eastern wall of the Great... more travel advice
flyrubi's Related Pages
Lake Bogoria Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Lake Bogoria
- 3 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Lake Bogoria?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lake Bogoria
Top 5 Pages
- Kenya Intro, 7 reviews, 34 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nairobi Area Intro, 7 reviews, 19 photos
- Amboseli National Park Intro, 2 reviews, 12 photos
- Masai Mara Game Reserve Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos
- Aberdare National Park Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos