"Oil Not Dry Yet" Galveston by BruceDunning
Galveston Travel Guide: 302 reviews and 665 photos
This is the old town portion on the main boulevard, looking from the harbor area. Cruise ships dock here, and this is why we showed up. The town was nearly wiped off the may some years back form a hurricane, and did not fully recover. It also diminished the industry of oil rigs in the area, and resort condos to second homes of people.
- Pros:Not too crowded as to seem cramped with people
- Cons:A bit spread out to see sites
- In a nutshell:Not much to see in way of tour sites
These are a couple a rigs ready to go out to the ocean. The city has repair and set up facilities, and is the mainstay... more travel advice
BruceDunning's Related Pages
Galveston Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "When I Say "The Beach" This is It For Me"
- "GALVESTON IN DECEMBER"
- "Island Living, Texas Style!"
- "A city full of history"
- "Keeweechic's Galveston"
- "My New Home"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Galveston
- Hotels in Galveston
- Transportation in Galveston
- Nightlife in Galveston
- Restaurants in Galveston
- Shopping in Galveston
- Warnings and Dangers in Galveston
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Galveston
- 2 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (98)
Have you been to Galveston?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Galveston
Photos in GalvestonSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City Intro, 115 reviews, 370 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 91 reviews, 283 photos
- Munich Intro, 68 reviews, 222 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Split Intro, 58 reviews, 227 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 69 reviews, 201 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 62 reviews, 196 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 55 reviews, 198 photos
- Paris Intro, 45 reviews, 173 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bamberg Intro, 48 reviews, 169 photos
- New York City Intro, 50 reviews, 166 photos