"A City Not Ready to Die with Boots on" Top 5 Page for this destination Amarillo by BruceDunning
Amarillo Travel Guide: 112 reviews and 243 photos
The fame of the city is Route 66, and steaks and cowboys-all wrapped up in one sign.
Scenery around the city is mostly flat and barren, but down south 30 miles is Palo Duro Canyon and it is unique with rock formations and a canyon/valley with wonderful views and pictures.
The downtown is not much to take in, but has 3-4 square blocks that you could walk to see some old buildings from mid 1900's; mixed with some more modern types.
- Pros:Not a lot of tourism and traffic problems
- Cons:Not a Lot to See/Do in the town
- In a nutshell:Nice to stop and get a steak and move on
The downtown is dead for the most part. It has the Santa Fe building and one other high tower structure, but the rest... more travel advice
This is a nice, but not big display of local artists with eclectic pieces and paintings. Some art paintings are... more travel advice
BruceDunning's Related Pages
Amarillo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A City Not Ready to Die with Boots on"
- "Why am I in Amarillo?"
- "Texas Roadhouse and Cavendar's Boot City"
- "Amarillo by Mornin'"
- "Build it and They will come: Cadillac Ranch"
- "Four hours from everything (under construction)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Amarillo
- Hotels in Amarillo
- Transportation in Amarillo
- Nightlife in Amarillo
- Restaurants in Amarillo
- Shopping in Amarillo
- Warnings and Dangers in Amarillo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Amarillo
- 11 Reviews
- 29 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (98)
Have you been to Amarillo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Amarillo
Photos in AmarilloSee All Photos (29)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City Intro, 115 reviews, 370 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 91 reviews, 283 photos
- Munich Intro, 68 reviews, 222 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Split Intro, 58 reviews, 227 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 69 reviews, 201 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 62 reviews, 196 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 55 reviews, 198 photos
- Paris Intro, 45 reviews, 173 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bamberg Intro, 48 reviews, 169 photos
- New York City Intro, 50 reviews, 166 photos