"A Town of Old Memories" Top 5 Page for this destination Virginia City by BruceDunning
Virginia City Travel Guide: 48 reviews and 94 photos
The street and town are not as large as in the past, but the shops and store fronts look like they were back in late 1800's. It was a real treat to walk the street and take in all the activity as it must have existed back in the glory years. This once was the most wealthy city in US.
The are some souvenir shops, but also a couple a eating places and bars. The preservation of time is what you are here for. Take the tours for fun and history.
Looking some desolate and desperate, a tourist-really Micky my companion, is posing and pensive of what to do next. We walked the town street a number of times and took our leisurely time to enjoy it all.
They have a volunteer fire department that has a museum, and the town has had its share of fires. The museum displays 19th century fire equipment and that display is nice.
- Pros:A wonderful setting in the hills showing how they lived
- Cons:Could get hot here in summer
- In a nutshell:This is really a whole town preserved for history
There is a street just off the main street that had a series of mansions. About 6 are still standing and a couple in... more travel advice
BruceDunning's Related Pages
Virginia City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "An authentic boomtown"
- "The Original Virginia City"
- "A Town of Old Memories"
- "Veins of Silver (and a camel too)"
- "Virginia City"
- "v i r g i n i a c i t y"
- "KoreanBeauty's new Virginia City Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Virginia City
- Hotels in Virginia City
- Transportation in Virginia City
- Nightlife in Virginia City
- Restaurants in Virginia City
- Shopping in Virginia City
- Warnings and Dangers in Virginia City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Virginia City
- 3 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (97)
Have you been to Virginia City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Virginia City
Photos in Virginia CitySee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City Intro, 115 reviews, 370 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 91 reviews, 283 photos
- Munich Intro, 68 reviews, 222 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Split Intro, 58 reviews, 227 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 69 reviews, 201 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 62 reviews, 196 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 55 reviews, 198 photos
- Paris Intro, 45 reviews, 173 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bamberg Intro, 48 reviews, 169 photos
- New York City Intro, 50 reviews, 166 photos