"Town in the Remote Outback" Top 5 Page for this destination Tucumcari by BruceDunning
Tucumcari Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 45 photos
There is about three blocks of the old Route 66 preserved, and some of the old buildings/motels remain. They are an "institution" of old good times. Now-a days, they have a hard time keeping the doors open, but try to survive.
There are not many people going downtown any longer, and the population has diminished over the recent years due to few jobs and the youth move out.
- Pros:Not many tourists to content with
- Cons:Sorry decline for the town-sad
- In a nutshell:Still worth the drive by to see how the good old days were
There are still a fair number of buildings that show how the town was once a mecca of tourism on the way west. Today, it... more travel advice
BruceDunning's Related Pages
Tucumcari Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tucumcari~Route 66"
- "Tucumcari - our stop from Texas to the west."
- "Town in the Remote Outback"
- "Tucumcari, New Mexico"
- "Tucumcari Tonite Home of 2000 motel rooms"
- "Basaic Tucumcari Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tucumcari
- Hotels in Tucumcari
- Restaurants in Tucumcari
- Shopping in Tucumcari
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tucumcari
- 2 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (127)
Have you been to Tucumcari?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tucumcari
Photos in TucumcariSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City Intro, 115 reviews, 370 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 91 reviews, 283 photos
- Munich Intro, 68 reviews, 218 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Split Intro, 58 reviews, 227 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 69 reviews, 201 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 62 reviews, 196 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 55 reviews, 198 photos
- Paris Intro, 45 reviews, 173 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bamberg Intro, 48 reviews, 169 photos
- New York City Intro, 50 reviews, 166 photos