"I can't imagine what war was like and sacrifices" Top 5 Page for this destination Vicksburg by BruceDunning
Vicksburg Travel Guide: 93 reviews and 194 photos
There is a great deal of history in this town. It was a main holdout during the Civil war and Grant determined it needed to be taken to control the South. It took a lot of attempts on his part. The south fights hard. The old town area and the national park/cemetary/monuments are the shining sites to see.
The layout of the battlefield and the monuments describing each stage of the battle were interesting. In addition, I liked the ironside that was on the park. The most fabulous impact was the commenorations and plaques that described each state and its sacrifice of men form eahc one.
- Pros:The park is the anchor for the history of this city
- Cons:Not as much antiquity as I would have liked
- In a nutshell:It is nice to see the Civil War era, rest around it is --
It is different and the tour given by the owner has a lot of flavor, if she is still there. They were called Bill &... more travel advice
Vicksburg National Military Park is vast and worth a thoughtful trip throughout the site. It is heart gripping in seeing... more travel advice
BruceDunning's Related Pages
Vicksburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "vicksburg mississippi"
- "I can't imagine what war was like and sacrifices"
- "Keeweechic's Vicksburg"
- "Basaic Vicksburg Page"
- "Vicksburg, Mississippi"
- "Battle ground in Vicksburg"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Vicksburg
- Hotels in Vicksburg
- Transportation in Vicksburg
- Nightlife in Vicksburg
- Restaurants in Vicksburg
- Warnings and Dangers in Vicksburg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Vicksburg
- 4 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (98)
Have you been to Vicksburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vicksburg
Photos in VicksburgSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City Intro, 115 reviews, 370 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 91 reviews, 283 photos
- Munich Intro, 68 reviews, 222 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Split Intro, 58 reviews, 227 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 69 reviews, 201 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 62 reviews, 196 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 55 reviews, 198 photos
- Paris Intro, 45 reviews, 173 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bamberg Intro, 48 reviews, 169 photos
- New York City Intro, 50 reviews, 166 photos