"Town With the Fair" Sedalia by BruceDunning
Sedalia Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 30 photos
This is the Public Library. It was built in 1901, and the first in Missouri to get a Carnegie grant to fund the construction. There are many old buildings form the late 1800's to early 1900's, when times must have boomed better.
The power and pride form the older days in early 1900's is reflected in the architecture of the buildings.
There are a number of large and decorative architecturally churches in the downtown area. Some are closed now, due to lack of funds to maintain them, and drop off of constituents.
- Pros:Nice old ornate buildings and homes
- Cons:A presence of poor living conditions for many in town
- In a nutshell:A nice place to look around and go to the fair
It takes a while to get end to end on this mid sized town-like 20 minutes due to all the cars of the strip. Hwy 50 runs... more travel advice
The place is a slower/fast food drive-in, but has that local charm and actual hand made burgers & malts. Prices are... more travel advice
BruceDunning's Related Pages
Sedalia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Town With the Fair"
- "Sedalia, Missouri"
- "The Fair is Here"
- "whardin939's Sedalia Page"
- "I'm a local in Sedalia, MO."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sedalia
- Hotels in Sedalia
- Restaurants in Sedalia
- Shopping in Sedalia
- Warnings and Dangers in Sedalia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sedalia
- 7 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (128)
Have you been to Sedalia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sedalia
Photos in SedaliaSee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City Intro, 115 reviews, 370 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 91 reviews, 283 photos
- Munich Intro, 68 reviews, 218 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Split Intro, 58 reviews, 227 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 69 reviews, 201 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 62 reviews, 196 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 55 reviews, 198 photos
- Paris Intro, 45 reviews, 173 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bamberg Intro, 48 reviews, 169 photos
- New York City Intro, 50 reviews, 166 photos