"Lovely Preserved Town" Parkville by BruceDunning
Parkville Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 33 photos
This town has had its share of hard work and hard luck, flooding many times, but still keeps coming back to serve the antique shoppers and tourists. It really is a nice little town, with a good deal of culture store to store.
In the area, there are beautiful sites to see. Going up the hill from riverside is steep unless you stop at every shop to look at those items to purchase.
Most of the buildings are from the early 1900's era. Only one home remains form the 1850 time frame when the town got its main start as a river town and port to distribute farm products.
- Pros:Love the little stores to shop in for most people
- Cons:Too many stores and set up for tourists to buy, buy ,buy
- In a nutshell:AFter about 2-3 hours, nothing left to do
The appetizers we had were very tasty and well presented. They are mostly-maybe open only for events any more since... more travel advice
BruceDunning's Related Pages
Parkville Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lovely Preserved Town"
- "Welcome to the Quaint Parkville, Missouri"
- "Parkville, Missouri"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Parkville
- Nightlife in Parkville
- Restaurants in Parkville
- Shopping in Parkville
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Parkville
- 3 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (98)
Have you been to Parkville?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Parkville
Photos in ParkvilleSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City Intro, 115 reviews, 370 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 91 reviews, 283 photos
- Munich Intro, 68 reviews, 222 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Split Intro, 58 reviews, 227 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 69 reviews, 201 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 62 reviews, 196 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 55 reviews, 198 photos
- Paris Intro, 45 reviews, 173 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bamberg Intro, 48 reviews, 169 photos
- New York City Intro, 50 reviews, 166 photos