"An Historic City-Preserved in Time" Lexington by BruceDunning
Lexington Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 33 photos
This town was intended to stay as it looked since the mid 1800's. They have done a good job of doing so. The homes are mostly under historic preservation guidelines. There are many small shops run by entrepreneurs having unique items to purchase. Staying in some of the B&B places is a trip that you would remember
This old church is elegant in and out. It is a nice place to find yourself.
This is an example of what the Missouri river can do when it rains upstream. It floods, and a lot. In recent years this was a problem in 1993, 1995, 1996-7. Lately, rain is less and the climate change makes a difference. The river is low most of the time now. Lexington is isolated at times to get across the river, and some roads close to the river edge closed for quite some time until water recedes.
- Pros:A great little place to spend a weekend
- Cons:Not a lot around to see in surrounding region
- In a nutshell:I liked the Civil War things; also enjoyed the old homes
The town is very well preserved and the people just as gentile as you want. The town was founded in 1822, and by 1830's... more travel advice
BruceDunning's Related Pages
Lexington Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "An Historic City-Preserved in Time"
- "Historic Lexington, Missouri"
- "The Battle of the Hemp Bales, Lexington, MO"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lexington
- 2 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (98)
Have you been to Lexington?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lexington
Photos in LexingtonSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City Intro, 115 reviews, 370 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 91 reviews, 283 photos
- Munich Intro, 68 reviews, 222 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Split Intro, 58 reviews, 227 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 69 reviews, 201 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 62 reviews, 196 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 55 reviews, 198 photos
- Paris Intro, 45 reviews, 173 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bamberg Intro, 48 reviews, 169 photos
- New York City Intro, 50 reviews, 166 photos