"Live on Either Side" Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City by BruceDunning
Kansas City Travel Guide: 706 reviews and 1,612 photos
The city is trying to become more progressive and upgraded. They have made a big effort in downtown KC in last few years. The only thing is the debt is a big overhang to have to payoff, or go bankrupt. The original fame came from cattle feed lots and slaughter. That now is out in Kansas towns. Railroads was, and is, a strong trade for the area. It has 200,000 trains coming through annually and is the 2nd largest in volume transport of goods.
The Kansas side has most of the upscale homes and businesses. Unfortunate for the downtown of KC because they need a better/bigger tax base. The inner city is run down, and getting worse.
I recall this statement that the area encompassing KC is second only to Jacksonville in total area. The outerbelt I-435 is about 60 miles around
This is the contemporary convention built about 15 years ago now. It is a structure that most new people into town think is bzarre. They are right. The buildings, themselves are nondescript. The towers on top are the identifying points.
- Pros:Nice decent sized town and easy traffic flow
- Cons:Not a lot to do in the area
- In a nutshell:Good city to grow up the family
This used to be an icon of a place to go for good food and plenty of it. Now you may get the plenty, but the good is... more travel advice
This is a unique spot for tourists and marble enthusiasts. They have a store packed in with marbles-all types, styles,... more travel advice
BruceDunning's Related Pages
Kansas City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Live on Either Side"
- "Kansas City, Missouri"
- "A Classic American City"
- "Kansas City- one of a kind"
- "Cow Town on the Crossroads of the Unique"
- "Up to Date in Kansas City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kansas City
- Hotels in Kansas City
- Transportation in Kansas City
- Nightlife in Kansas City
- Restaurants in Kansas City
- Shopping in Kansas City
- Warnings and Dangers in Kansas City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kansas City
- 115 Reviews
- 370 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 28 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (99)
Have you been to Kansas City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kansas City
- Commented on one of BruceDunning's Kansas City tips
- Posted in Travel Caribbean and Central America Forum "Re: Help with my next vacation!"
- Uploaded a Photo to "An Old Tradition from the Past"
- Wrote a Review An Old Tradition from the Past about Deli's in Kansas City Restaurants
- Uploaded a Video to Kansas City
- updated a Kansas City Travel Page "Live on Either Side"
Photos in Kansas CitySee All Photos (370)
Videos in Kansas CitySee All Videos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City Intro, 115 reviews, 370 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 91 reviews, 283 photos
- Munich Intro, 68 reviews, 222 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Split Intro, 58 reviews, 227 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 69 reviews, 201 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 62 reviews, 196 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 55 reviews, 198 photos
- Paris Intro, 45 reviews, 173 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bamberg Intro, 48 reviews, 169 photos
- New York City Intro, 50 reviews, 166 photos