"Bath has a Shipbuilding History" Bath by BruceDunning
Bath Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 47 photos
This trade began in 1743 and has been a critical part of our country's economy and lifeblood of military warships built here. At one time they had 200 companies building ships, and build 5,000 ships since founding. It also had commerce in iron and brass.
The town is an easy walk around, and many 19th century homes and buildings are scattered through the downtown area. The downtown, itself is a good site for what a town form the early 1900's looked like.
The maritime Museum is at the end of the town near Bath Iron Works. It is a gathering of buildings to depict wht shipbuilding was like in the time of peak performance.
- Pros:Nice stroll through the streets and museum is nice
- Cons:After the walk through, either shop or leave
- In a nutshell:A nice trip through the old times and antique shopping
The retail stretch is only two blocks but they have some interesting looking shops to sample some local fare and take... more travel advice
The visitor center is supposed to be open Monday-Saturday from 10-5. It is located just off Hwy1 and esy sign to find in... more travel advice
BruceDunning's Related Pages
Bath Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bath has a Shipbuilding History"
- "Major ship-building, major beauty on the Kennebec"
- "Bath, Maine"
- "Basaic Bath Page"
- "MY ONLY BATH PHOTOS.....SO FAR"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bath
- Hotels in Bath
- Transportation in Bath
- Restaurants in Bath
- Shopping in Bath
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bath
- 6 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (127)
Have you been to Bath?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bath
Photos in BathSee All Photos (25)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City Intro, 115 reviews, 370 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 91 reviews, 283 photos
- Munich Intro, 68 reviews, 222 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Split Intro, 58 reviews, 227 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 69 reviews, 201 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 62 reviews, 196 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 55 reviews, 198 photos
- Paris Intro, 45 reviews, 173 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bamberg Intro, 48 reviews, 169 photos
- New York City Intro, 50 reviews, 166 photos