"Great city with streets to Enjoy" Top 5 Page for this destination Ingolstadt by BruceDunning
Ingolstadt Travel Guide: 136 reviews and 449 photos
The Residence is to the outside of the city center by a couple of blocks. It used to be the place for rulers to rule, but stay away from the common folk. The city was first mentioned in 806, and was founded as a town in 1250. Between 1392-1447 it was the capital city of the Duchy of Bavaria.
The "severe" variance from the old and new rathaus are beyond tourists description. One has old style charm; the other glass rigid frame of squared off new building in the square
This bastion of defense was used in 1632 to hold off the Swedes who laid siege for a long time, and eventually the Swedes withdrew. This walled area was the original town and its residents were within most of the walls. It lasted from 1532 to 1930. After that it became the Bayerisches Army museum
- Pros:Good sites within the walled old center
- Cons:Too many of those tourists seeing this also
- In a nutshell:Wonderful city with a lot of churches
Situated across from the Asam church, this palace occupied by French Embassy Staff for about 100 years still stands as... more travel advice
This castle is controlled by BAvaria State Library. This castle was owned by Frauenberg Knights of Haag when it was bult... more travel advice
BruceDunning's Related Pages
Ingolstadt Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "at last..."
- "Visiting Ingolstadt"
- "Great city with streets to Enjoy"
- "Ingolstadt - My hometown"
- "Ingolstadt, near Munich..."
- "Schöne Ingolstadt"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ingolstadt
- Hotels in Ingolstadt
- Transportation in Ingolstadt
- Nightlife in Ingolstadt
- Restaurants in Ingolstadt
- Shopping in Ingolstadt
- Warnings and Dangers in Ingolstadt
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ingolstadt
- 26 Reviews
- 89 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (99)
Have you been to Ingolstadt?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ingolstadt
- Wrote a Review French Embassy Palace in Ingolstadt Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "French Embassy Palace"
- updated a Ingolstadt Travel Page "Great city with streets to Enjoy"
- Posted in Travel Caribbean and Central America Forum "Re: Help with my next vacation!"
- Commented on one of gordonilla's Ingolstadt travel pages
Photos in IngolstadtSee All Photos (89)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City Intro, 115 reviews, 370 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 91 reviews, 283 photos
- Munich Intro, 68 reviews, 222 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Split Intro, 58 reviews, 227 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 69 reviews, 201 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 62 reviews, 196 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 55 reviews, 198 photos
- Paris Intro, 45 reviews, 173 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bamberg Intro, 48 reviews, 169 photos
- New York City Intro, 50 reviews, 166 photos