"A well preserved town on the river." Top 5 Page for this destination Natchitoches by BruceDunning
Natchitoches Travel Guide: 80 reviews and 160 photos
The main street still has a flavor of 100 years ago, and no McDonalds.
It is a complex that once was a large estate and now shrunk, like all cotton barrons of the time. The difference is this was a black owned estate since early 1800's. Marie Therese had 14children, some of them black. When they were freed, land grants gave them rights to this land.
This is a State owned and controlled fram presenting the old style method of hard work
- Pros:A lovely setting for going back to antebellum times
- Cons:Only the summer heat and jumidity
- In a nutshell:I liked to area in and around. The main street was neat
Give yourself a short walk in the heat and find out what a working farm looks like today from the old days 100 years... more travel advice
BruceDunning's Related Pages
Natchitoches Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lovely Old Town NATCHITOCHES"
- "Oldest Settlement in the Lousiana Purchase"
- "Night of Noels near Natchitoches!"
- "Basaic Natchitoches Page"
- "A well preserved town on the river."
- "Keeweechic's Natchitoches"
- "Natchitoches Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Natchitoches
- Hotels in Natchitoches
- Transportation in Natchitoches
- Nightlife in Natchitoches
- Restaurants in Natchitoches
- Shopping in Natchitoches
- Warnings and Dangers in Natchitoches
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Natchitoches
- 2 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (129)
Have you been to Natchitoches?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Natchitoches
Photos in NatchitochesSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City Intro, 115 reviews, 370 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 91 reviews, 283 photos
- Munich Intro, 68 reviews, 218 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Split Intro, 58 reviews, 227 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 69 reviews, 201 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 62 reviews, 196 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 55 reviews, 198 photos
- Paris Intro, 45 reviews, 173 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bamberg Intro, 48 reviews, 169 photos
- New York City Intro, 50 reviews, 166 photos