"A Special town with Culture" Top 5 Page for this destination Baton Rouge by BruceDunning
Baton Rouge Travel Guide: 281 reviews and 568 photos
Built in 1882 and just preserved like the old days. There is a special museum inside that houses many Civil War artifacts and other eclectic items. It looks like it is untouched for display for many years. The displays and artifacts/antique items are fabulous to view. Many have been in the cases since right after the Civil War the way they looked. These treasures would be hard to find anywhere else.
There is still a feel of old aristocracy of the south in the air. There may be cars going by with people on the way to work, but I get the impression that every chance they get, they take the time to enjoy their lifestyle here.
Tourists take steamship boats up/down the river to enjoy the view from the water vantage point. They do stop a places along the way to get the local flavor of the lifestyle. It is impressive to see one chugging by.
- Pros:A lot to see and tour in town and outlying area
- Cons:Traffic congestion in downtown-converges in center
- In a nutshell:I thoroughly enjoyed the stay here and viewed great things
Many a splendor thing is right close to the city, in a little town called Darrow, La. Houmas Indians farmed this area... more travel advice
This is a beautiful restoration project that has been ongoing for nearly 10 years. The plantation home burned down. The... more travel advice
BruceDunning's Related Pages
Baton Rouge Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "baton rouge louisiana"
- "Land of Oil and Red Tape"
- "Huey Long's Capitol"
- "A Special town with Culture"
- "Baton Rouge"
- "Tiger Town!"
- "Baton Rouge, Home of the Tigers"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Baton Rouge
- Hotels in Baton Rouge
- Transportation in Baton Rouge
- Nightlife in Baton Rouge
- Restaurants in Baton Rouge
- Shopping in Baton Rouge
- Warnings and Dangers in Baton Rouge
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Baton Rouge
- 8 Reviews
- 29 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (98)
Have you been to Baton Rouge?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Baton Rouge
Photos in Baton RougeSee All Photos (29)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City Intro, 115 reviews, 370 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 91 reviews, 283 photos
- Munich Intro, 68 reviews, 222 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Split Intro, 58 reviews, 227 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 69 reviews, 201 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 62 reviews, 196 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 55 reviews, 198 photos
- Paris Intro, 45 reviews, 173 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bamberg Intro, 48 reviews, 169 photos
- New York City Intro, 50 reviews, 166 photos