"City in Middle of the State" Top 5 Page for this destination Wichita by BruceDunning
Wichita Travel Guide: 163 reviews and 228 photos
Highway 35 runs right through the middle of the city. That is good and bad. Traffic used to be a disaster to get through the city. They now have taken much of it underground level, and nearly finished with the 3-4 year work.
The highway cuts right through much of the old and new parts of the city. NOw they have roadside fast food franchises and car dealerships.
Museums on the riverfront and the river walk is nice to take. Being this is one of a few cities with a sizable population; 400,000, it has some art and other big city attractions. The river in the center is a nice place to stroll. Airplane manufacturing has been the nucleus for centuries now. In good and bad times it goes up and down. NOw it is down and about 5,000 of 25,000 laid off work until a recovery, if it comes. Financial center of activity is also pronounced.
- Pros:Take in the culture and big city sites
- Cons:Traffic can get a person frustrated
- In a nutshell:A nice city to take some time to see the sites
Wellllll-I got the buffet for lunch at $6.50-all you can eat chicken, steak smothered, and vegetables. The others got... more travel advice
The charge of using I-35 highway to get to Wichita or go to Kansas City is about $3.50. A charge to go end to end for... more travel advice
BruceDunning's Related Pages
Wichita Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "City in Middle of the State"
- "Wichita Kansas"
- "uiscebeatha2's new Wichita Page"
- "WICHITA STATE UNIVERSITY"
- "Welcome to the 'Peerless Princess of the Plains'"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Wichita
- Hotels in Wichita
- Transportation in Wichita
- Nightlife in Wichita
- Restaurants in Wichita
- Shopping in Wichita
- Warnings and Dangers in Wichita
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Wichita
- 4 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (128)
Have you been to Wichita?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wichita
Photos in WichitaSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City Intro, 115 reviews, 370 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 91 reviews, 283 photos
- Munich Intro, 68 reviews, 218 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Split Intro, 58 reviews, 227 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 69 reviews, 201 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 62 reviews, 196 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 55 reviews, 198 photos
- Paris Intro, 45 reviews, 173 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bamberg Intro, 48 reviews, 169 photos
- New York City Intro, 50 reviews, 166 photos