"It is the social climber suburb" Top 5 Page for this destination Overland Park by BruceDunning

Overland Park Travel Guide: 80 reviews and 160 photos

A Place to LIve and Work

There is a good climate overall in this area, not too hot or cold for too long. Kansas City is a slower city than bigger metro areas, and that is good. It covers a very large radius, though and 70 miles around the perimeter. Good road system to get around, but virtually no public transport worth mentioning.

Local Market

This is the downtown city market-an eclectic mix of people and foods. It used to be controlled by the Italians (good people and hard working) but now Vietnamese seem to be the main vendors and the Mennonites, all good people trying to make a living off the land.

A Big Meal

Try Woodswether CAfe in the Bottoms area where all old and closed buildings remain. It used to be the stockyard for cattle slaughter and hard trades.

• Pros:Easy to get around the city
  • Cons:The KC downtown keeps deteriorating but turning around
  • In a nutshell:The Kansas side gets the benefit of yuppy-and KC tries
  • Intro Updated Oct 25, 2007

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Feb 26, 2012 at 10:57 AM

Useful overview of hotels and restaurants, Bruce! Now I know If I have $120 I won't be homeless and if I have $20 I won't be hungry here, haha!

• BillNJ's Profile Photo
    Jan 24, 2009 at 9:57 AM

Nice tips. My company does business with Sprint -- so I may someday visit Overland Park.

BruceDunning Used To Live Here!

BruceDunning

“Our ultimate and final trip is to "City" in the clouds”

Badges & Stats in Overland Park

Have you been to Overland Park?