"It is the social climber suburb" Top 5 Page for this destination Overland Park by BruceDunning
Overland Park Travel Guide: 80 reviews and 160 photos
There is a good climate overall in this area, not too hot or cold for too long. Kansas City is a slower city than bigger metro areas, and that is good. It covers a very large radius, though and 70 miles around the perimeter. Good road system to get around, but virtually no public transport worth mentioning.
This is the downtown city market-an eclectic mix of people and foods. It used to be controlled by the Italians (good people and hard working) but now Vietnamese seem to be the main vendors and the Mennonites, all good people trying to make a living off the land.
Try Woodswether CAfe in the Bottoms area where all old and closed buildings remain. It used to be the stockyard for cattle slaughter and hard trades.
- Pros:Easy to get around the city
- Cons:The KC downtown keeps deteriorating but turning around
- In a nutshell:The Kansas side gets the benefit of yuppy-and KC tries
The main street being Metcalf runs through the middle of the city for about 12 miles; the length of the city limits. It... more travel advice
Throughout the city are many subdivisions and complexes. The whole city is staged for good living and reasonable priced... more travel advice
BruceDunning's Related Pages
Overland Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "It is the social climber suburb"
- "Overland Park, Kansas"
- "frankcanfly's Overland Park Page"
- "S.A.S. (Sprawling Antiseptic Suburbia)"
- "OVERLAND PARK"
- "ovreland park"
- "A wedding reception gathering"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Overland Park
- Hotels in Overland Park
- Transportation in Overland Park
- Nightlife in Overland Park
- Restaurants in Overland Park
- Shopping in Overland Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Overland Park
- 23 Reviews
- 50 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (101)
Have you been to Overland Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Overland Park
Photos in Overland ParkSee All Photos (50)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City Intro, 115 reviews, 370 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 91 reviews, 283 photos
- Munich Intro, 68 reviews, 222 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Split Intro, 58 reviews, 227 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 69 reviews, 201 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 62 reviews, 196 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 55 reviews, 198 photos
- Paris Intro, 45 reviews, 173 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bamberg Intro, 48 reviews, 169 photos
- New York City Intro, 50 reviews, 166 photos