"University Drives the Growth" Top 5 Page for this destination Lawrence by BruceDunning
Lawrence Travel Guide: 188 reviews and 398 photos
This is one of the old buildings that were built 1866 to late 1900's. These are magnificent structures architectually, and much ornaments on the top and sides of the buildings. To view these and imagine the intricate artistry it took to build these for the US is to imagine how Italian immigrants came along to help and do the work.
They have done a magnificence job of preserving the heritage of the structures. Most are form the late 1800's-1920's. These buildings have restaurants, gift shops, antiques, and bars -all for the tourists and students.
This was dedicated in 1903. Inside-and if you loo at 'things to do" still has the old architecture style and a wonderful stained glass dome.
- Pros:Simply a quaint college town-but has flair
- Cons:Traffic is getting maddening and new sprawl ruins the old
- In a nutshell:Every trip to here brings back a time when we enjoyed life
This is a place of higher learning for any Indians to attend. They now have 1,000 students. The campus was formed in... more travel advice
This is located on west campus and used for special events and seminars, mostly. Donated in 2003, Dole had a purpose of... more travel advice
- See All Tavern Ambiance
- See All Joe Schmo-No Schmooze Here
- See All BAldwin City
- See All Old Time Still in the Running
BruceDunning's Related Pages
Lawrence Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "University Drives the Growth"
- "Lawrence, Kansas"
- "Home of the Phog"
- "Culture And Progression on The Plains"
- "jayhawk's new Lawrence page"
- "brdwtchr's new Lawrence Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lawrence
- Hotels in Lawrence
- Transportation in Lawrence
- Nightlife in Lawrence
- Restaurants in Lawrence
- Shopping in Lawrence
- Warnings and Dangers in Lawrence
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lawrence
- 31 Reviews
- 127 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (127)
Have you been to Lawrence?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lawrence
- Posted in Travel Caribbean and Central America Forum "Re: Help with my next vacation!"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Parking-Watch Closely"
- Commented on one of basstbn's Lawrence travel pages
- Wrote a Review Haskell Indian University in Lawrence Things to Do
- Uploaded a Video to Lawrence
- updated a Lawrence Travel Page "University Drives the Growth"
Photos in LawrenceSee All Photos (127)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City Intro, 115 reviews, 370 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 91 reviews, 283 photos
- Munich Intro, 68 reviews, 218 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Split Intro, 58 reviews, 227 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 69 reviews, 201 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 62 reviews, 196 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 55 reviews, 198 photos
- Paris Intro, 45 reviews, 173 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bamberg Intro, 48 reviews, 169 photos
- New York City Intro, 50 reviews, 166 photos