"A Wonderful Town of the 1800's" Council Grove by BruceDunning
Council Grove Travel Guide: 35 reviews and 60 photos
This town is neat to go and visit for the sheer sake that it is so well preserved. It is a bit far from other things, but take a trip just for the sake that they have so many historically preserved buildings and are proud of what they have to offer that has not been diminished by progress. The town is proud of all the old elm trees and has designated a number on the tour sites to visits.
The town has a fair number of good old and preserved homes and places to take tours. The town itself is like a late 1800's to 1920's era. Quite and solitude are the specials for here. There are 28 places on the National Historic Register in town.
They have set up this and another at the other end of town structures on the horizon depicting the migration of the pioneer to go out west. This really was the last stop for many to go down Santa Fe Trail, or up the Oregon Trail.
- Pros:Beautiful old well taken care of homes and retail sites
- Cons:A Bit far out from main highway
- In a nutshell:Love the quite and friendly environment-people are nice
This cave was a place that Father Francisco stayed after coming to the US from Novaro Italy. He lost the love of his... more travel advice
This depot was first built in 1869. It was destroyed by fire in 1894 and rebuilt to that period. Along with that is a... more travel advice
BruceDunning's Related Pages
Council Grove Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Wonderful Town of the 1800's"
- "brdwtchr's new Council Grove Page"
- "Council Grove - a Surprising Place to Visit"
- "On the Santa Fe Trail"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Council Grove
- Hotels in Council Grove
- Restaurants in Council Grove
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Council Grove
- 14 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (97)
Have you been to Council Grove?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Council Grove
- Posted in Travel Caribbean and Central America Forum "Re: Help with my next vacation!"
- Wrote a Review Hermit CAve in Council Grove Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Hermit CAve"
- updated a Council Grove Travel Page "A Wonderful Town of the 1800's"
- Commented on one of brdwtchr's Council Grove travel pages
Photos in Council GroveSee All Photos (33)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City Intro, 115 reviews, 370 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 91 reviews, 283 photos
- Munich Intro, 68 reviews, 222 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Split Intro, 58 reviews, 227 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 69 reviews, 201 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 62 reviews, 196 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 55 reviews, 198 photos
- Paris Intro, 45 reviews, 173 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bamberg Intro, 48 reviews, 169 photos
- New York City Intro, 50 reviews, 166 photos
Latest Council Grove hotel reviews
- Cottage House Hotel
- 34 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 14, 2013