"Lovely Small Community With Class" Baldwin City by BruceDunning
Baldwin City Travel Guide: 29 reviews and 72 photos
This is a building dedicated to Collins family, but somehow Ken and Helen Spencer donated the funds, or are sponsors. One side is the library and the other holds 700 volumes of Bibles from all ages and types. The oldest dates back to 2000 BCE that is tablets. It was a collection donated by Mr. Quayle who was university president for the Methodist Sect. The library has 70,000 books, many from preserving the university history.
Victorian Style home in town. There are 60 historic structures in town, and most preserved pretty well. The styles vary depending on the wealth and uniqueness of the period. Majority are from 1910-1950's
Old Castle Museum and Palmyra Post Office to view. The museum holds old artifacts of the pioneer era around mid to late 1800's. Kibbee Cabin is in the rear; a replica of pioneer cabin.
- Pros:Wonderful slower pace in the community of friendly people
- Cons:Not much tourism after walking the campus
- In a nutshell:It is nice to See a clean wholesome town
This once was a gas station, or antique store and farm and now all are closed. The old gas pumps and Philips sign are... more travel advice
This was a fight between John Brown, free slave promoter and Henry Pate, pro slave advocate. IN May 1856, Pate had... more travel advice
BruceDunning's Related Pages
Baldwin City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lovely Small Community With Class"
- "Baldwin City, Kansas"
- "brdwtchr's new Baldwin City Page"
- "Baldwin City Railroad Excursions"
- "MAPLE LEAF FESTIVAL"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Baldwin City
- Nightlife in Baldwin City
- Restaurants in Baldwin City
- Warnings and Dangers in Baldwin City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Baldwin City
- 9 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (98)
Have you been to Baldwin City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Baldwin City
Photos in Baldwin CitySee All Photos (35)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City Intro, 115 reviews, 370 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 91 reviews, 283 photos
- Munich Intro, 68 reviews, 222 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Split Intro, 58 reviews, 227 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 69 reviews, 201 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 62 reviews, 196 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 55 reviews, 198 photos
- Paris Intro, 45 reviews, 173 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bamberg Intro, 48 reviews, 169 photos
- New York City Intro, 50 reviews, 166 photos