"Town of many antebellum homes" Top 5 Page for this destination Valdosta by BruceDunning
Valdosta Travel Guide: 38 reviews and 78 photos
The town was founded in 1860, and it became a growth community due to the railroad coming by here for commerce. The town has a population of about 45,000, and the region of 130,000. Many antebellum homes have been preserved, and the Civil War did not devastate it like other Southern towns.
The downtown has a lot of charm, and for a little money; like $12 million, they renovated some old buildings, and retail shops moved in
Old County Courthouse build in 1905-now closed- if of that Federal style with a lot of granite and stone with large columns.
- Pros:Tours of some homes, and museum are great.
- Cons:Not able to tour many homes
- In a nutshell:Wonderful place to feel at home and see history
I find that maps are helpful to get around easier. I hope it helps you more travel advice
This is an area that was/has been promoted as a place to come. It used to be the core of a cotton mill, that closed some... more travel advice
BruceDunning's Related Pages
Valdosta Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Town of many antebellum homes"
- "Valdosta, GA"
- "valdosta georgia"
- "Good Place to Stop on I-75"
- "ga-slim's new Valdosta page"
- "The Azalea City"
- "Valdosta, Georgia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Valdosta
- Hotels in Valdosta
- Nightlife in Valdosta
- Restaurants in Valdosta
- Warnings and Dangers in Valdosta
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Valdosta
- 13 Reviews
- 45 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (98)
Have you been to Valdosta?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Valdosta
Photos in ValdostaSee All Photos (45)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City Intro, 115 reviews, 370 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 91 reviews, 283 photos
- Munich Intro, 68 reviews, 222 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Split Intro, 58 reviews, 227 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 69 reviews, 201 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 62 reviews, 196 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 55 reviews, 198 photos
- Paris Intro, 45 reviews, 173 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bamberg Intro, 48 reviews, 169 photos
- New York City Intro, 50 reviews, 166 photos