"Town layout of the core" Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Junction by BruceDunning
Grand Junction Travel Guide: 75 reviews and 164 photos
This is the town layout for review. It is a town of a variety of culture and adventure. The sculptures around and surrounding the area are magnificent for a smaller type community. It takes pride is presenting the best side of the town and it show.
Grand Junction is the last stop on the west edge of Colorado, except for Fruita, which is growing fast, so to speak. GC is about 25 miles from the State line on US 70. They have some industry to support the residents, but also rely heavily on tourist dollars. They offer hiking, camping, biking, museums, art displays around town, golf, rafting, and what else?
You need to gas up and eat up before leaving here heading west. There are no services for 75 miles.
This is the flat portion of the Colorado plains. Is seems to continue for miles, and it does. The scenery, though is spectacular.
- Pros:A wide open space as stge to the west rocks
- Cons:Some of the strip areas cater to travelers cheaply
- In a nutshell:I like the place a lot and would visit again in fall-not winter
There is such a long distance between the towns that you need to plan ahead. The next stop after Grand Junction going... more travel advice
Located on Horizon Dr-7th St in the north sector, it is new and perched on top of a hill, on the east side of street.... more travel advice
BruceDunning's Related Pages
Grand Junction Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Town layout of the core"
- "Agricultural Town on the Upper Colorado River"
- "The Western Slope"
- "The Western Slope"
- "Grand Junction"
- "mmspooner's new Grand Junction Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Grand Junction
- Hotels in Grand Junction
- Transportation in Grand Junction
- Nightlife in Grand Junction
- Restaurants in Grand Junction
- Shopping in Grand Junction
- Warnings and Dangers in Grand Junction
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Grand Junction
- 22 Reviews
- 75 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (97)
Have you been to Grand Junction?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Grand Junction
Photos in Grand JunctionSee All Photos (75)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City Intro, 115 reviews, 370 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 91 reviews, 283 photos
- Munich Intro, 68 reviews, 222 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Split Intro, 58 reviews, 227 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 69 reviews, 201 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 62 reviews, 196 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 55 reviews, 198 photos
- Paris Intro, 45 reviews, 173 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bamberg Intro, 48 reviews, 169 photos
- New York City Intro, 50 reviews, 166 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (50)
Latest Grand Junction hotel reviews
- Hawthorn Grand Junction
- 66 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 9, 2013
- Americas Best Value Inn-Grand Junction
- 84 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 30, 2013
- Country Inns Of America
- 31 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 8, 2013
- Courtyard By Marriott Grand Junction
- 107 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 1, 2013
- Motel 6 Grand Junction Colorado
- 58 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 9, 2013
- Two Rivers Winery & Chateau
- 19 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 18, 2013
- Clarion Inn Grand Junction
- 171 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 26, 2013
- Mesa Inn Grand Junction
- 62 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 27, 2013
- Super 8 Motel - Grand Junction
- 127 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 24, 2013