"High End in the MIddle of the metro region" Top 5 Page for this destination Scottsdale by BruceDunning
Scottsdale Travel Guide: 254 reviews and 597 photos
The landmark in the city is Camelback, which can be seen for miles in all directions. It is a challenge to get to the top, as one of my page comments describe.
This is a map layout of the city and proximity to other communities. The city lays out as a working class area (now changing some to higher end) in the south, the old town reworked and preserved shops and fashion mall in the middle, and the luxury homes in the north with average price of $650,000. It used be back in 1979 on my last trip, you could drive all around and see many vacant lots, and some cheaper subdivisions. It had a population back then of about 70,000, compared to 300,000 now. That is quite some growth. Now few can afford the high end homes to live in.
This is a picture of 5th Ave shopping district, one of 7 in the old town sector. It is well displayed with color of flowers and statuary. Shopping is the thing you are supposed to do there.
- Pros:Nice old town area-restored and preserved
- Cons:Too much traffic and congestion
- In a nutshell:Find a place of solitude close in to old town and rest
Be aware of thew bikes that may be on the streets. They have the rights of way in most spots, and will take advantage of... more travel advice
WE did not get up to the site to see the art works being made-but did get one to take home-a windbell which is the icon... more travel advice
BruceDunning's Related Pages
Scottsdale Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "High End in the MIddle of the metro region"
- "Jumping Around Scottsdale!"
- "Scottsdale, Arizona"
- "Scottsdale Has Grown Beyond Belief"
- "susie margaret and scottsdale, arizona, USA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Scottsdale
- Hotels in Scottsdale
- Transportation in Scottsdale
- Nightlife in Scottsdale
- Restaurants in Scottsdale
- Shopping in Scottsdale
- Warnings and Dangers in Scottsdale
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Scottsdale
- 22 Reviews
- 69 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (99)
Have you been to Scottsdale?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Scottsdale
- Posted in Travel Caribbean and Central America Forum "Re: Help with my next vacation!"
- Commented on one of starship's Scottsdale travel pages
- Wrote a Review Biking Around old town and Tempe in Scottsdale Local Customs
- Uploaded a Photo to "Biking Around old town and Tempe"
- updated a Scottsdale Travel Page "High End in the MIddle of the metro region"
Photos in ScottsdaleSee All Photos (69)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City Intro, 115 reviews, 370 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 91 reviews, 283 photos
- Munich Intro, 68 reviews, 222 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Split Intro, 58 reviews, 227 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 69 reviews, 201 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 62 reviews, 196 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 55 reviews, 198 photos
- Paris Intro, 45 reviews, 173 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bamberg Intro, 48 reviews, 169 photos
- New York City Intro, 50 reviews, 166 photos