"A Suburb of Big Proportions" Top 5 Page for this destination Mesa by BruceDunning
Mesa Travel Guide: 116 reviews and 317 photos
With around 500,000 people, and 200,000 homes (includes many mobile homes), this area of 133 square miles is simply-huge. The density is packed with about 3500 per square mile. It has a east/west distance of around 15 miles and north/south of 10 miles. Location is ideal for commuters and retirees with freeways surrounding the city.
The view to the east is of Superstition Mountain range that stands out in the skyline. It is an area covering 160,000 acres, and is remote to wilderness to be so close to a large suburban area.
There are shops and art galleries in the old downtown area. It has had a revival to try and draw people back to the center, but competes with so much other retail out there in the community; it has a hard time of it.
- Pros:A quite place where various have sought sokitude
- Cons:Traffic and travel distances are negative
- In a nutshell:Too many retail spots and a long distance to get around
This was one of the first and original gold clubs in Mesa, back about 40 years ago. Now most members are aging and... more travel advice
This is about 10 miles form the east edge of Mesa. Take rRd for the shortcut. Otherwise, peole use Hwy 87; the long way... more travel advice
BruceDunning's Related Pages
Mesa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Suburb of Big Proportions"
- "Jumping Around Mesa, Arizona!"
- "Basaic Mesa Page"
- "Mesa, Arizonia"
- "Mesa Arizona /Phoenix Area"
- "Family Connections"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mesa
- Hotels in Mesa
- Nightlife in Mesa
- Restaurants in Mesa
- Shopping in Mesa
- Warnings and Dangers in Mesa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mesa
- 18 Reviews
- 59 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (98)
Have you been to Mesa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mesa
- Posted in Travel Caribbean and Central America Forum "Re: Help with my next vacation!"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Visitor Center"
- Wrote a Review Join a golf club-Arizona Golf Resort in Mesa Local Customs
- updated a Mesa Travel Page "A Suburb of Big Proportions"
- Commented on one of razorbacker's Mesa travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City Intro, 115 reviews, 370 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 91 reviews, 283 photos
- Munich Intro, 68 reviews, 222 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Split Intro, 58 reviews, 227 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 69 reviews, 201 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 62 reviews, 196 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 55 reviews, 198 photos
- Paris Intro, 45 reviews, 173 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bamberg Intro, 48 reviews, 169 photos
- New York City Intro, 50 reviews, 166 photos