"Mobile home/RV trailer haven" Top 5 Page for this destination Apache Junction by BruceDunning
Apache Junction Travel Guide: 51 reviews and 206 photos
This is truly a bedroom community and transient people and snowbirds flock to here because of the cheap living. There is no style, or elegance to be found in this town. It has allowed mobile homes to take over, and I do not recall seeing any actual residential home in the town.
It has a population of about 40,000, and my guess is 80% would be retired snowbirds from the north, either living here year round, or coming for 3-6 months.
Called the Wilderness territory, no roads go through the large preserved area. Access is form the fringes, and the overall length of the range is about 40 miles long and 30 miles high.
They try to welcome the tourist type, but suspect most business comes from those who live there. There are not any tourist type things to see/do in the town itself. There are some things out on Hwy 188 in the Superstition Mountain area, and toward Tortilla Flat; about 25 miles away.
- Pros:Easy Driving Arounf town on Way to Superstition Mtn
- Cons:Low end place to live and visit-mobile home & liquor store
- In a nutshell:This is the epitamy of what happens without zoning
This is a relatively easy hike along the level plain following the road all the way back to Hwy 60, and beyond. It was... more travel advice
There were warnings of flooding for the north side of Apache Trail road-nee Hwy 88. We crossed about 6-8 spots where the... more travel advice
BruceDunning's Related Pages
Apache Junction Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mobile home/RV trailer haven"
- "Tonto National Forest"
- "Basaic Apache Junction Page"
- "Jumping Around Apache Junction!"
- "Apache Jct. - gateway to myths, legends & gold ?"
- "Apache Junction"
- "Apache Junction"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Apache Junction
- Hotels in Apache Junction
- Restaurants in Apache Junction
- Shopping in Apache Junction
- Warnings and Dangers in Apache Junction
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Apache Junction
- 26 Reviews
- 80 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (128)
Have you been to Apache Junction?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Apache Junction
- updated a Apache Junction Travel Page "Mobile home/RV trailer haven"
- Posted in Travel Caribbean and Central America Forum "Re: Help with my next vacation!"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Cholla Sticks to Anything/Eberything"
- Wrote a Review Hiking Gold Mine trail in Apache Junction Sports & Outdoors
- Commented on one of Bwana_Brown's Apache Junction travel pages
Photos in Apache JunctionSee All Photos (80)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City Intro, 115 reviews, 370 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 91 reviews, 283 photos
- Munich Intro, 68 reviews, 218 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Split Intro, 58 reviews, 227 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 69 reviews, 201 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 62 reviews, 196 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 55 reviews, 198 photos
- Paris Intro, 45 reviews, 173 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bamberg Intro, 48 reviews, 169 photos
- New York City Intro, 50 reviews, 166 photos