"A City with Pride" Top 5 Page for this destination Fayetteville by BruceDunning
Fayetteville Travel Guide: 37 reviews and 83 photos
They whole town; in fact the State goes hog wild for the Hogs for any sport, but mostly football. They are a loyal group and do not tread on them; they offend easily. The town has about 70,000 people, but the SMSA around the area totals nearly 500,000 people. The city does not seem too crowded to get into the center, though. The university campus is the focal point for much of the town activity. The old town square is promoted and is from late 1800's and now mostly shops. The foliage around the square is very nice attraction and the buildings well preserved.
The campus makes up a large share of the immediate downtown area, and is the nucleus of the activity there. They have a rather updated campus, but also have a couple of preserved structures on the campus. The students total close to 20,000, and the anchor studies are agriculture and architecture. It has had classes of some sort since 1872 here. The campus continues to expand, and the Waltons-of Wal Mart contributed a lot here. There are 130 buildings, and 345 acres.
The visitor center seemed to be rather mundane, given the size of the city. It is right in the downtown historic area, and yes, closed while we were there in the middle of the day. Downtown is not to much to brag about. It has a square, but rather quiet and the Courthouse is red brick and in the middle. Shops and offices surround the rest.
- Pros:University of Arkansas Campus is nice to stroll around
- Cons:Traffic and historical significance is a disappointment
- In a nutshell:Overall, once you got the feel for the turf, move on.
It is located all around, and I think all out of town visitors pick up some items with that razorback pig for the... more travel advice
There are two homes that supposedly are able to be viewed. WE were not able to do so because they were closed and may be... more travel advice
BruceDunning's Related Pages
Fayetteville Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Fayetteville: City, Town, Village, Outdoor Hub"
- "A City with Pride"
- "Home of the Hogs"
- "An odd little town"
- "Clinton House Museum"
- "Welcome to Fayetteville, AR! Home of Walmart &more"
- "nikongirl's new Fayetteville Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Fayetteville
- Hotels in Fayetteville
- Restaurants in Fayetteville
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Fayetteville
- 6 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (99)
Have you been to Fayetteville?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fayetteville
Photos in FayettevilleSee All Photos (27)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City Intro, 115 reviews, 370 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 91 reviews, 283 photos
- Munich Intro, 68 reviews, 222 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Split Intro, 58 reviews, 227 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 69 reviews, 201 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 62 reviews, 196 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 55 reviews, 198 photos
- Paris Intro, 45 reviews, 173 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bamberg Intro, 48 reviews, 169 photos
- New York City Intro, 50 reviews, 166 photos