"Lovely Old Time Hot Springs Brings You Here" Top 5 Page for this destination Eureka Springs by BruceDunning
Eureka Springs Travel Guide: 224 reviews and 745 photos
The town goes uphill all the way. That is the fun part of searching and seeking what to see. Along the way are the shops and restaurants to sample what you came here for. On the other hand, I believe the old historical buildings and architecture is why I am here. It is wonderful. There are over 1,000 historic homes and structures on the National REgister, and only 4,400 people live here. It seems like they all must be entrepreneurs selling goods in shops.
There are 16 main springs in the area of the town, and 60 total in the area. The name means "I have found it" in Indian interpretation. That has drawn people since around the Civil WAr era and after. In 1881 it started to thrive and the spas were growing to bring in a town of 10,000 in a year later. They started to build structures around the springs and a main strip of shops sprung up. Today, those shops are still owned by entrepreneurs, and that is a real good thing to not allow fast food and franchise sellers to take over. Water is 54 degrees.
The town has many artists, and over 20 galleries. This has become a mecca for art talent, and they do have unique items to sell. Jewelry is one of the more prominent, but also you could go home with this Indian for a price; the wooden one.
- Pros:A great place to wander and gawk at the sites
- Cons:I would not ocme here in busy summer months
- In a nutshell:It has a real home town feel, even after 100 years
The reason for the drive by is is is closed, and has been for a couple of year now. Word is it may be another couple... more travel advice
This is one of the best little churches in the US. It is hidden on the hill be Crescent Hotel. Locals who are CAtholic... more travel advice
- WAter Sports-CAnoes
- See All High Priced-Maybe Overrated
- See All Climbing Needs to be YOUr Thing
BruceDunning's Related Pages
Eureka Springs Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lovely Old Time Hot Springs Brings You Here"
- "Eureka! Everything Springs to Mind!"
- "A Real Victorian Village"
- ""Eureka!" Springs"
- "A Great Place To Get Away & Unwind"
- "Eureka Springs - 19th Century Victorian Village"
- "Ozark's Victorian Village"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Eureka Springs
- Hotels in Eureka Springs
- Transportation in Eureka Springs
- Nightlife in Eureka Springs
- Restaurants in Eureka Springs
- Shopping in Eureka Springs
- Warnings and Dangers in Eureka Springs
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Eureka Springs
- 39 Reviews
- 165 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (98)
Have you been to Eureka Springs?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Eureka Springs
- Posted in Travel Caribbean and Central America Forum "Re: Help with my next vacation!"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Caves are in the Area"
- Uploaded a Video to Eureka Springs
- Wrote a Review Drive By Queen Anne Mansion in Eureka Springs Things to Do
- updated a Eureka Springs Travel Page "Lovely Old Time Hot Springs Brings You Here"
- Commented on one of deecat's Eureka Springs travel pages
Photos in Eureka SpringsSee All Photos (165)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City Intro, 115 reviews, 370 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 91 reviews, 283 photos
- Munich Intro, 68 reviews, 222 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Split Intro, 58 reviews, 227 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 69 reviews, 201 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 62 reviews, 196 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 55 reviews, 198 photos
- Paris Intro, 45 reviews, 173 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bamberg Intro, 48 reviews, 169 photos
- New York City Intro, 50 reviews, 166 photos