"Sam Made it Here-So Can You" Top 5 Page for this destination Bentonville by BruceDunning
Bentonville Travel Guide: 52 reviews and 196 photos
Wal Mart got its start claimed to be here, in the old Ben Franklin themed 5 and 10 cent store. They branched out into surrounding towns, and within 10 years had about 50 stores in the area, That then expounded expotentially. Now they have 3,510 Wal Marts, 350 Sam's Clubs and 150 Neighborhood Markets.
The old part of the town is mainly in a four block area in the old town square. The rest is traffic and retail all around. UGH.
Between Bentonville with nearly 30,000 people and Rogers right next door with 50,000 people, there is a lot of retail and strip centers. WAl Marts are on a lot of sites here. This once was a peaceful sleepy little town and SAm and his Friend Dr. Compton used to walk and take canoe trips down Buffalo River. Not any more.
- Pros:A Select Few spots to tour
- Cons:Traffic is a madness that you cannot avoid
- In a nutshell:Go slow and enjoy the inside of the old town.
This area in the far NW corner of Arkansas, and close to Missouri border has been a mecca for retired people for over 40... more travel advice
This community of 120,000+ people has the University of Arkansas, and an old historic square. Basically after the view... more travel advice
BruceDunning's Related Pages
Bentonville Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sam Made it Here-So Can You"
- "Bentonville land of southern charm and BIG BOX"
- "Home of Wal-Mart, JB Hunt, and Tyson"
- "Basaic Bentonville Page"
- "A Trip to Krispy Kream"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bentonville
- Hotels in Bentonville
- Transportation in Bentonville
- Restaurants in Bentonville
- Warnings and Dangers in Bentonville
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bentonville
- 27 Reviews
- 105 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (100)
Have you been to Bentonville?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bentonville
- Commented on one of BruceDunning's Bentonville travel pages
- Posted in Travel Caribbean and Central America Forum "Re: Help with my next vacation!"
- updated a Bentonville Travel Page "Sam Made it Here-So Can You"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Native American Indian Clothing Museum"
- Wrote a Review Bella Vista in Bentonville Things to Do
Photos in BentonvilleSee All Photos (105)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City Intro, 115 reviews, 370 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 91 reviews, 283 photos
- Munich Intro, 68 reviews, 222 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Split Intro, 58 reviews, 227 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 69 reviews, 201 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 62 reviews, 196 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 55 reviews, 198 photos
- Paris Intro, 45 reviews, 173 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bamberg Intro, 48 reviews, 169 photos
- New York City Intro, 50 reviews, 166 photos