"In the Midst of a Nice area to Visit" Fort Payne by BruceDunning
Fort Payne Travel Guide: 40 reviews and 140 photos
Not much left of the fort, but a small museum memorializes the purpose way back when. Olgethorp who also "found" Savannah built this fort in 1736 to establish claim to the area, being disputed be British and Spain, who controlled Florida then.
Peaceful beaches compared to other spots along the East coast. Brunswick Georgia is close by and can frequent to eat and see those sites.
The connection to the mainland is this bridge, that spans 1.7 miles. It is the tallest cable anchored bridge in Georgia which got completed in 2003. It is 7,780 feet long and 486 feet tall. Named after a famous politician of Georgia
- Pros:The town is a short drive in a valley and basic services
- Cons:Not much to do-but have Alabama band museum is all
- In a nutshell:Drive through once to see it-then move on
This is a large falls with a drop off of 104 feet into a pool at the bottom. The water is pristine green. It has a dam... more travel advice
This is a really nice park for campers and hiking. It is located on County Rd 89 and about 10 miles NE of Ft. Payne. The... more travel advice
BruceDunning's Related Pages
Fort Payne Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "In the Midst of a Nice area to Visit"
- "Fort Payne, Alabama"
- "fort payne alabama"
- "Little River Canyon National Preserve"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Fort Payne
- Restaurants in Fort Payne
- Warnings and Dangers in Fort Payne
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Fort Payne
- 5 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (98)
Have you been to Fort Payne?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fort Payne
- Posted in Travel Caribbean and Central America Forum "Re: Help with my next vacation!"
- updated a Fort Payne Travel Page "In the Midst of a Nice area to Visit"
- Uploaded a Photo to "In the Midst of a Nice area to Visit"
- Wrote a Review Desoto Falls in Fort Payne Things to Do
- Commented on one of doug48's Fort Payne travel pages
Photos in Fort PayneSee All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City Intro, 115 reviews, 370 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 91 reviews, 283 photos
- Munich Intro, 68 reviews, 222 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Split Intro, 58 reviews, 227 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 69 reviews, 201 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 62 reviews, 196 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 55 reviews, 198 photos
- Paris Intro, 45 reviews, 173 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bamberg Intro, 48 reviews, 169 photos
- New York City Intro, 50 reviews, 166 photos