"Steeped In Old Cultures" Eufaula by BruceDunning
Eufaula Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 35 photos
The town is small by comparison, but little else is around it any larger. The draw to the area here is the lakes and Walter George Dam for fishing and recreation activities. In the town, there is not much to do.
The Chattahoochee River is dammed up to the north, and south of Eufaula, and is rather broad nearby there. The lakes to the south are part of a system
The commerce from river trade and shipment of goods down/up river allowed Eufaula to thrive and merchants become wealthy gentry. That waned after the Civil War, and ever since it has to regain that fame. There are about 700 homes and buildings on the historic
- Pros:Quite town and friendly people
- Cons:A bit slow and not much to see after driving around a bit
- In a nutshell:CAn get bored fast here, after seeing the sites for 2-3 hours.
In 1962, the Corp of Engineers completed this dam to serve water needs and recreation in the area. It has 640 miles of... more travel advice
There are a number of preserved buildings along the main street of N. Eufaula and Broad, all from 1850's through early... more travel advice
BruceDunning's Related Pages
Eufaula Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Steeped In Old Cultures"
- "eufaula, alabama"
- "toybarbe's new Eufaula Page"
- "Pretty Old Town on the Chattahoochee River"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Eufaula
- 8 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (97)
Have you been to Eufaula?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Eufaula
Photos in EufaulaSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City Intro, 115 reviews, 370 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 91 reviews, 283 photos
- Munich Intro, 68 reviews, 222 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Split Intro, 58 reviews, 227 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 69 reviews, 201 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 62 reviews, 196 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 55 reviews, 198 photos
- Paris Intro, 45 reviews, 173 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bamberg Intro, 48 reviews, 169 photos
- New York City Intro, 50 reviews, 166 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (50)
Latest Eufaula hotel reviews
- Super 8 Eufaula
- 10 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 29, 2013