"Landsberg am Lech" Landsberg am Lech by BruceDunning
Landsberg am Lech Travel Guide: 31 reviews and 104 photos
Known for What-this is where Hitler was imprisoned for the insurrection charges in1920's and he wrote Mein Kampf here with Rudolph Hess. Got to be more to the town than that. Yes, there is. It is a lovely setting with ornate and unique buildings, and many special tower gates.
Dominck Zimmermann and Hubert von Herkomer were two famous people; one an architect and the other an artist. They left legacies in the town to their works
Raging Lech River contributed to the reason to locate here centuries ago. It is clean and refreshing looking. The town is inside the curing river, and it is swift
Sandaurtor is one of seven in the town. They are all on a route path to find fairly easily, and each unique compared to the others. The towers and gates controlled the movement of people and also used as protection. In 1633 the Swedes attacked and could not pierce the wall after 5 days of bombarding. Finally they made a breach, and the fear by townfolk; especially women led the women to jump to their deaths rather than be subject to rape and death by the Swedes. This place in the town is now called "Leap of the Virgins"
- Pros:Many good looking buldings with design
- Cons:When we were there, and streets were torn up fo sewer
- In a nutshell:A nice town to spend a day to enjoy ornate buildings
This may not always be open as a museum any longer, but if so it is 2-5 except Monday. It was all the brainchild of... more travel advice
This is a newer museum and dedicated to the folk and commonplace living style of the people. They also have exhibits... more travel advice
BruceDunning's Related Pages
Landsberg am Lech Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Landsberg - Town of Towers"
- "Landsberg am Lech"
- "Picturesque Landsberg am Lech"
- "The wonderful town of Landsberg Am Lech"
- "Landsberg am Lech"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Landsberg am Lech
- 9 Reviews
- 34 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (98)
Have you been to Landsberg am Lech?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Landsberg am Lech
- Wrote a Review Herkomer Tower & museum in Landsberg am Lech Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Stadt Neu Museum"
- updated a Landsberg am Lech Travel Page "Landsberg am Lech"
- Commented on one of gubbi1's Landsberg am Lech travel pages
- Posted in Travel Caribbean and Central America Forum "Re: Help with my next vacation!"
Photos in Landsberg am LechSee All Photos (34)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City Intro, 115 reviews, 370 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 91 reviews, 283 photos
- Munich Intro, 68 reviews, 222 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Split Intro, 58 reviews, 227 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 69 reviews, 201 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 62 reviews, 196 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 55 reviews, 198 photos
- Paris Intro, 45 reviews, 173 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bamberg Intro, 48 reviews, 169 photos
- New York City Intro, 50 reviews, 166 photos