"City of Steep History" Top 5 Page for this destination Landshut by BruceDunning
Landshut Travel Guide: 120 reviews and 398 photos
A truly wonderful city just 45 miles from Munich and on Autostrada 92 just past the airport. It was a city residence for the Wittelsbachs back in 1231, and by 1255 it became the capital of Lower Bavaria.
The city is known for its great Gothic style architecture; and has a lot of it. The Traunitz castle was upgraded in 1569 by Wiliiam V, when he lived there for 10 years
The main street of the Altstadt has numerous ornate buildings that spans 3 city blocks to end where the Podiwils Strasse is at end and parallel to Altestadt and Neustadt strasses.
Standing out in any crowd of red roofs is this huge church in the middle of the city. It has the world's tallest spire at 131 meters; about 430 feet. The oldest known record is from 1389 when construction began, but it took 110 years to complete.
- Pros:Great p[lace to stroll and take in local culture
- Cons:The Residence did not have a lot of furnishings
- In a nutshell:It is serence and beauty abounds
They may be convenient to get around if you are going maybe up to the Traunitz Castle and do not want to walk. The main... more travel advice
This unique gabled structure is in the middle of the city main street-Altstadt and across from the St. Martin church. It... more travel advice
BruceDunning's Related Pages
Landshut Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Landshut & a historic marriage of 1475 AD"
- "City of Steep History"
- "Historical town of Landshut in Eastern Bavaria"
- "Welcome to Landshut!"
- "A two day visit"
- "An afternoon in Landshut"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Landshut
- Hotels in Landshut
- Transportation in Landshut
- Nightlife in Landshut
- Restaurants in Landshut
- Warnings and Dangers in Landshut
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Landshut
- 14 Reviews
- 44 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (128)
Have you been to Landshut?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Landshut
- updated a Landshut Travel Page "City of Steep History"
- Commented on one of BruceDunning's Landshut travel pages
- Wrote a Review Taxi in the main street in Landshut Transportation
- Uploaded a Photo to "Taxi in the main street"
- Posted in Travel Caribbean and Central America Forum "Re: Help with my next vacation!"
Photos in LandshutSee All Photos (44)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City Intro, 115 reviews, 370 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 91 reviews, 283 photos
- Munich Intro, 68 reviews, 218 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Split Intro, 58 reviews, 227 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 69 reviews, 201 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 62 reviews, 196 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 55 reviews, 198 photos
- Paris Intro, 45 reviews, 173 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bamberg Intro, 48 reviews, 169 photos
- New York City Intro, 50 reviews, 166 photos