"Paradise if You can Find it" Puerto Rico by BruceDunning
Puerto Rico Travel Guide: 2,311 reviews and 5,976 photos
I traveled to the island over 3 years trying to sell distressed real estate for a bank at a resort project in the Southeast called Palmas Del Mar. It is a great view of the ocean and upscale luxury. The project never did take off as people hoped and it was foreclosed. If you rent there now it is expensive and not much around it.
Besides the main town, visit the rain forest, which is very nice and tropical; get wet. A number of resorts in the southeast part of the island can be a place to stay, but pricey. There is also old favorites called Rio Mar, and Condado, just north of town.
Traffic is a mess, and slow in the city. Get to Ponce for a different perspective of another life on the island.
The traffic and activity can be frustrating and hectic. I did like to old city/town area though. The fort is nice to see. Not much other tourist stuff to do. Eating is relatively pleasant, and some local dishes okay. Influenced by Cuban ethnicity. Try the grilled pork with the hair still on it. Not bad.
The island is mostly populated in the northeast area, and it is packed. The outer area in the west is sparse and rustic, like going back to the old rural way of early 1900's.
- Pros:Beauty in the rain forest and outlying areas
- Cons:Too many people and slow pace
- In a nutshell:A lot of traffic and cleanliness is not acute
IN the Southeast part of the island is a resort that at one time I foreclosed on property here and had to resell to... more travel advice
BruceDunning's Related Pages
Puerto Rico Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Puerto Rico--The Island of Enchantment!"
- "Perfect Island Vacation"
- "Que Rico, Puerto Rico"
- "The Main Island"
- "Hexe Goes to Puerto Rico"
- "Puerto Rican "Shorty-moon""
- "Vounteering in Puerto Rico with my daughter!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Puerto Rico
- Hotels in Puerto Rico
- Transportation in Puerto Rico
- Nightlife in Puerto Rico
- Restaurants in Puerto Rico
- Shopping in Puerto Rico
- Warnings and Dangers in Puerto Rico
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Puerto Rico
- 2 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (93)
Have you been to Puerto Rico?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Puerto Rico
- Posted in Travel Caribbean and Central America Forum "Re: Help with my next vacation!"
- Commented on one of Gypsystravels's Puerto Rico travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Palmas Del Mar"
- Wrote a Review Palmas Del Mar in Puerto Rico Things to Do
- updated a Puerto Rico Travel Page "Paradise if You can Find it"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City Intro, 115 reviews, 370 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 91 reviews, 283 photos
- Munich Intro, 68 reviews, 222 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Split Intro, 58 reviews, 227 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 69 reviews, 201 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 62 reviews, 196 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 55 reviews, 198 photos
- Paris Intro, 45 reviews, 173 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bamberg Intro, 48 reviews, 169 photos
- New York City Intro, 50 reviews, 166 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (67)
Top Puerto Rico hotels
- San Juan Hotels
- 689 Reviews - 2183 Photos
- Rio Grande Hotels
- 1 Review - 6 Photos
- Lajas Hotels
- 1 Review - 1 Photo
- Dorado Hotels
- 3 Hotels
- Culebra Hotels
- 3 Reviews - 2 Photos
- Yauco Hotels
- 1 Review
- Carolina Hotels
- 7 Hotels
- Rincon Hotels
- 11 Reviews - 12 Photos
- Humacao Hotels
- 1 Review
- Cabo Rojo Hotels
- 3 Reviews - 8 Photos
- Aguadilla Hotels
- 9 Reviews - 14 Photos
- Guayanilla Hotels
- 2 Hotels
- Mayaguez Hotels
- 8 Hotels
- Fajardo Hotels
- 11 Reviews - 19 Photos
- Isabela Hotels
- 5 Hotels