"Hitler's Favorite-Berghof" Obersalzberg by BruceDunning
Obersalzberg Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 101 photos
There is a restaurant on the top adjunct to the museum area. Seating is limited, but the view is great. The complex at the top can hold a limited number of visitors at one time, and imagine it gets crowded in peak summer months. Located in Southeast BAvaria area, Near Berchtestgaden and near the Chiemesee Lake,
The elevator takes you down from the top 400 feet from Hehlsteinhaus, or EAgle's Nest, as it is called. with only one available. It took 10 months to built out the shaft. Nearly 1,000 laborers overall took 10 months to make ready the Berghof building and complex. Eventually it housed 20,000 soldiers guarding the region and protect Hitler. He came here frequently because he liked the Alps and climbing. After becoming Fuhrer, he was not able to do much of that. They did build him a tea house, he walked down to nearly daily when he was up here.
- Pros:A very different place to Visit
- Cons:Crowds can jam pack in the peak season
- In a nutshell:It is a remembereance of a time when the world changed
BruceDunning's Related Pages
Obersalzberg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hidden Berchtesgaden/Obersalzberg"
- "Hitler's Favorite-Berghof"
- "1950 Visit to the Eagles Nest"
- "The Eagle's Nest"
- "Eagle's Nest"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Obersalzberg
- 1 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (93)
Have you been to Obersalzberg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Obersalzberg
Photos in ObersalzbergSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City Intro, 115 reviews, 370 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 91 reviews, 283 photos
- Munich Intro, 68 reviews, 222 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Split Intro, 58 reviews, 227 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 69 reviews, 201 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 62 reviews, 196 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 55 reviews, 198 photos
- Paris Intro, 45 reviews, 173 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bamberg Intro, 48 reviews, 169 photos
- New York City Intro, 50 reviews, 166 photos