"The Abbey is worth a trip on its own" Melk by BruceDunning
Melk Travel Guide: 217 reviews and 850 photos
Get to the town of Melk. It is one of the most spectacular abbeys ever. Controlled by Benedictine monks for 900 years, they really knew how to preserve the splendor. The abbey is really a multiple buildings in a compound, and the view right on the Danube River is fantastic. The structure of the Abbey church is close to the matching beauty of the Weis church in south Bavaria. This red and white marble, along with the gold leaf in the church make a wonderful sight. The library is equally beautiful.
- Pros:Most lovely beauty of all churches-maybe
- Cons:Not much unless you count the tourists
- In a nutshell:Would love to sit a long time and take in the colorful pic
BruceDunning's Related Pages
Melk Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wonderful Melk"
- "Melk, a small town at the Danube Valley"
- "St Colman and Melk - The Irish Connection"
- "Wachau - The Famous Town of Melk"
- "Melk, a beautiful place and its baroque monastery"
- "Melk - a beautiful baroque monastery"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Melk
- Hotels in Melk
- Transportation in Melk
- Restaurants in Melk
- Shopping in Melk
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Melk
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (93)
Have you been to Melk?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Melk
Photos in MelkSee All Photos (1)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City Intro, 115 reviews, 370 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 91 reviews, 283 photos
- Munich Intro, 68 reviews, 222 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Split Intro, 58 reviews, 227 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 69 reviews, 201 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 62 reviews, 196 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 55 reviews, 198 photos
- Paris Intro, 45 reviews, 173 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bamberg Intro, 48 reviews, 169 photos
- New York City Intro, 50 reviews, 166 photos