"A Highly Cultured City-Many Things to See & Do" Vienna by BruceDunning
Vienna Travel Guide: 7,426 reviews and 18,522 photos
Famed for its gold decoration inside. It exemplifies the extra effort made to building structures that are on top of the ones in Europe for splendor.
This compares to the Hofburg and Schoenbrunn for elegance and ceremony. I liked it a lot. The palace itself and the lower Belvedere are now art museums. The structures and grounds are to remember. The city was once called head without a body, and had an illustrious past in politics and struggles. In the convention of 1815, the city was finally being shaped into the prestige it is today.
A lot of locals come into the ring to shop and maybe gauck at tourists? The ring is three mile around and once was the outerwall of the city fortress. The city has been under power control by many factions. Even the Barbarigans be authority control 976-1278. Franz Josef had the outer defensive wall torn down in 1860. Most of the stones were used to rebuild and build out the city to its elegance now during that latter half of 1800's.
- Pros:So many beautiful buildings and statues to see
- Cons:A lot of busy traffic in tour area
- In a nutshell:One of the most magnificent cities in Europe-Elegance
The cost is usually 1.70 Euro each way and is good all day. Connections are good and the pick up spots all over in easy... more travel advice
This is the basic description of the Belvedere layout and what to see. There is an upper palace and lower garden retreat... more travel advice
BruceDunning's Related Pages
Vienna Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My birthplace & the place where I feel at home !"
- "VIENNA, AUSTRIA ~ MUSIC IS IN THE AIR !"
- "Rainy day in Vienna 2006, sunny in 2013"
- "VIENNA AND THE PASSION OF ART"
- "Vienna and its never-ending history"
- "Just More then Mozart, Strauss und Sacher torte"
- "Still a city of dreams"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Vienna
- Hotels in Vienna
- Transportation in Vienna
- Nightlife in Vienna
- Restaurants in Vienna
- Shopping in Vienna
- Warnings and Dangers in Vienna
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Vienna
- 24 Reviews
- 78 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 17 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (98)
Have you been to Vienna?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vienna
- Commented on one of nicolaitan's Vienna travel pages
- Posted in Travel Caribbean and Central America Forum "Re: Help with my next vacation!"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Metro Trains-Reigns"
- updated a Vienna Travel Page "A Highly Cultured City-Many Things to See & Do"
- Wrote a Review Metro Trains-Reigns about Bus,tram&Metro in Vienna Transportation
Photos in ViennaSee All Photos (78)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City Intro, 115 reviews, 370 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 91 reviews, 283 photos
- Munich Intro, 68 reviews, 222 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Split Intro, 58 reviews, 227 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 69 reviews, 201 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 62 reviews, 196 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 55 reviews, 198 photos
- Paris Intro, 45 reviews, 173 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bamberg Intro, 48 reviews, 169 photos
- New York City Intro, 50 reviews, 166 photos