"Working Village" Top 5 Page for this destination Barga by BruceDunning
Barga Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 66 photos
This is the layout of the town. Off to the right is the parking lot. Down further to the south of this port entry is a school and a residential living area for residences.
The Longobards founded the town in the 900's and it thrived due to the building of the walls for protection. The walls are still intact and two of the original ports are standing yet. Seven churches surround the town and the Duomo at the top of the hill, St. Christoforo is the magnificent one. Wandering through the streets makes us feel somewhat like intruders since not all the locals were used to tourists necessarily. They do have shops to buy goods.
Saint Christopher church is the largest and most impressive. It has a pink facade and some of the original limestone still exists on the facade.
- Pros:Like the peaceful climate and children going to school
- Cons:Not a lot of sightseeing to do-but eh duomo
- In a nutshell:Nice quite town to walk and enjoy the docle vita
This was the place where Giovanni Pascoli recited poetry here for years and lived in the town. He gave a famous speech... more travel advice
The main features inside are the pulpit made of red and white marble with the lion statues and one where a man is... more travel advice
BruceDunning's Related Pages
Barga Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Working Village"
- "Bountiful Barga"
- "Bella Barga!"
- "A place to live in"
- "The View From Barga!"
- "Sidetrip to Barga"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Barga
- Hotels in Barga
- Transportation in Barga
- Restaurants in Barga
- Shopping in Barga
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Barga
- 9 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (98)
Have you been to Barga?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Barga
Photos in BargaSee All Photos (30)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City Intro, 115 reviews, 370 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 91 reviews, 283 photos
- Munich Intro, 68 reviews, 222 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Split Intro, 58 reviews, 227 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 69 reviews, 201 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 62 reviews, 196 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 55 reviews, 198 photos
- Paris Intro, 45 reviews, 173 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bamberg Intro, 48 reviews, 169 photos
- New York City Intro, 50 reviews, 166 photos