"Borgo Has Bridged the Gap" Borgo a Mozzano by BruceDunning
Borgo a Mozzano Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 17 photos
The iconic bridge -Devil's Bridge- leads you into a small but quaint village. It was formed in probably the Etruscan era, and the Romans used it as a stopping point for a travel route. From historical items it was found out that this little village held a lot of promise for the scholars in laws, and rules to create a just system for the locals; mostly agricultural vent. The Devil's Bridge was the creation of an idea from Matilde di Canotessa, the daughter of a Luccasean power. Legend is the bridge got called Devil's Bridge due to the mason contracted to build it realized he could not get the job done on time, so called on the Devil to help. In exchange he gave up his soul to you know who. The arches led to what is called a donkey's back from the humped sytle.
The town is only 7,500 people, and not many of those are along the road following the river, but are further up in the hills.
- Pros:Serene feel when coming into this valley
- Cons:Not much to see or do here' gawk at the bridge
- In a nutshell:Stop by and take some pictures
BruceDunning's Related Pages
Borgo a Mozzano Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Grotta del Vento and Borgo a Mozzano"
- "Borgo Has Bridged the Gap"
- "Borgo a Mozzano"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Borgo a Mozzano
- Transportation in Borgo a Mozzano
- Warnings and Dangers in Borgo a Mozzano
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Borgo a Mozzano
- 0 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (93)
Have you been to Borgo a Mozzano?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Borgo a Mozzano
Photos in Borgo a MozzanoSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City Intro, 115 reviews, 370 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 91 reviews, 283 photos
- Munich Intro, 68 reviews, 222 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Split Intro, 58 reviews, 227 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 69 reviews, 201 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 62 reviews, 196 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 55 reviews, 198 photos
- Paris Intro, 45 reviews, 173 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bamberg Intro, 48 reviews, 169 photos
- New York City Intro, 50 reviews, 166 photos