"Old Village" Colle di Val d'Elsa by BruceDunning
Colle di Val d'Elsa Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 35 photos
Map of the surrounding area shows that the town is ideally situated between two famous other towns that you most likely would visit; Siena and San Gimignano. It is a bit of a winding trip to get to Colle di Val D'Elsa, but well worth the trek.
The main entry is Porto Nuova, and it is a thrill to go through the portico, a small arched cave like setting.
The best part of the visit is to walk around, and possibly get your directions turned around. There is an upper and lower part of the town; citta alta and citta basso. The living part of the city for locals is mostly in the Alta section which is a hilly ridge running the length to the edge of the hill. In the middle is the tour sites and shops called the Piano section.
- Pros:Enjoyable decent sized city for strolling
- Cons:If you stayed here, not much to do buyt shop-eat.
- In a nutshell:The view coming into the city tells is all-pretty-original
The only parking is a rather small area at the bottom before Porto Nuovo. It is easy to access in that coming off the... more travel advice
The pure joy of this city is that the streets, or vias are not occupied by tourists, and all seem quite, clean and... more travel advice
BruceDunning's Related Pages
Colle di Val d'Elsa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Old Village"
- "Perfect location for visiting Tuscany towns"
- "Medieval town"
- "The Town of Arnolfo da Cambio"
- "Tuscan Travels"
- "Colle di Val d'Elsa"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Colle di Val d'Elsa
- Hotels in Colle di Val d'Elsa
- Transportation in Colle di Val d'Elsa
- Restaurants in Colle di Val d'Elsa
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Colle di Val d'Elsa
- 4 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (93)
Have you been to Colle di Val d'Elsa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Colle di Val d'Elsa
- Posted in Travel Caribbean and Central America Forum "Re: Help with my next vacation!"
- Commented on one of Cristian_Uluru's Colle di Val d'Elsa travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Park at the Bottom"
- Wrote a Review Park at the Bottom in Colle di Val d'Elsa Transportation
- updated a Colle di Val d'Elsa Travel Page "Old Village"
Photos in Colle di Val d'ElsaSee All Photos (20)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kansas City Intro, 115 reviews, 370 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 91 reviews, 283 photos
- Munich Intro, 68 reviews, 222 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Split Intro, 58 reviews, 227 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 69 reviews, 201 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 62 reviews, 196 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 55 reviews, 198 photos
- Paris Intro, 45 reviews, 173 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bamberg Intro, 48 reviews, 169 photos
- New York City Intro, 50 reviews, 166 photos
Latest Colle di Val d'Elsa hotel reviews
- Villa Belvedere
- 34 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2013